No announcement yet.

What is this Panjo crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not run some smaller ads on the side in place of "membership fees" and kick Panjo to the curb? I'm not a fan of handing out my email to another company, and taking the time to sign-up and learn a new system.

Comment

As we seem to need to do every few pages, it's again time to remind everyone that this has very little (if anything) to do with the way the classifieds marketplace was being run, or the lack of people donating enough money to keep the site running. The motivation to employ a third party in the for sale section was predominantly due to the fact that James doesn't want to play middle man or mediator to every for sale transaction which doesn't go smoothly.

Although I am curious... did everyone who verbally committed to making a donation to the site do so on the contingency that it would be in exchange for getting rid of Panjo?
      Originally posted by kronus
      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by Shock(/\)ave View Post
        To those of you who aren't bothered much by Panjo: once Panjo pushes enough users away from posting in - or even browsing - the classifieds due to the headaches it causes the classifieds section will degrade and become a ghost town.
        And if/when that happens it will kill the forum, which is the root issue that people are worried about as buying/selling parts is vital to keeping the community alive.

As to me, I'd have rather seen a few rule revisions in the posting requirements rather than just bailing on a system that worked fairly well. Frankly, it wasn't James' problem in the first place to deal with people who were having issues and it should be understood that you are actually on your own by anyone who posts/deals in the classifieds.

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
          Although I am curious... did everyone who verbally committed to making a donation to the site do so on the contingency that it would be in exchange for getting rid of Panjo?
          It would be nice to remove Panjo, but my expressed donation isn't tied to whether or not Panjo leaves R3v.

I'd be happy to donate simply because it is the right/nice thing to do.
          My previous build (currently E30-less)
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

I havent ever been charged for using panjo... in fact i dont see the issue with panjo. just use it to create the first post and negotiate the deals in PMs as usual. let the panjo post expire... whats the issue?
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
            Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
              I would donate either way if the site needs the money.

Comment

yah i'd give ya'll some skrilla

skuurrt.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Just set the Panjo price to $1,000,000 so nobody uses it, and continue like we always do.

But yeah, it's crap.
                  Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                  A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Originally posted by BoostinEuros View Post
                    Does anyone know how to start a for sale thread without immediately being forced to post on Panjo?

I see a few users have found a way around Panjo to post in the "Cars for sale" section. I have posted on Panjo, but the exposure there is awful compared to what we used to have here....
                    When I listed my car for sale on r3v, I couldn't find any way other than to list it through Panjo. When I posted it, the ad it created on r3v turned most of my text into some weird garbled code, did not include any of my pictures, and didn't link back to Panjo. It turned out that because Panjo screwed up my ad so spectacularly and completely, I was able to edit it after the fact to resemble a pre-Panjo classified post (minus the smilies which still didn't work, dammit... how else are people supposed to interpret the tone of the ad? ;D).
                    1994 E30 316i Design Edition Touring / 1991 E30 318is / 1992 E34 M5
                    Instagram: @ro4d_runn3r

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                      And if/when that happens it will kill the forum, which is the root issue that people are worried about as buying/selling parts is vital to keeping the community alive.

As to me, I'd have rather seen a few rule revisions in the posting requirements rather than just bailing on a system that worked fairly well. Frankly, it wasn't James' problem in the first place to deal with people who were having issues and it should be understood that you are actually on your own by anyone who posts/deals in the classifieds.

This x1000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      sigpic
                      1987 325e Lachssilber w/ MarkD chip and late bumpers, Zender EVO spoiler, s3.25 LSD

Originally posted by nando
                      I don't think there's really strong evidence that ZDDP harms cats.

Comment

I would donate Panjo or no Panjo, but it would be nice to see it gone.
                        My Garage
                        2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                        1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                        1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                        Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Well, I just got Panjo'd (is that a word?) when trying to put up a listing. Bummer.
                          sigpicLevel Motorsport: www.levelmotorsport.com

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/levelmotorsport/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LeVelIndustries/?fref=ts

Comment

Trying to sell my car but I don't want to deal with panjo so I only have it listed on CL and Facebook right now.

Here is a link if anyone is interested: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/cto/5825019092.html

I would also donate to see panjo gone.
                            Are Three Vee

Dad Spec

Comment

count me in for a donation

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Another bad experience with Panjo. I sold some parts through them for $400 and only got $372 after their fees. What exactly do they charge that much for? They did mention discount shipping labels which I've yet to see, but apparently their shipping system has been down since Thursday and I can't even use it. I'd like to ship the stuff to the buyer asap, so would probably have to go through USPS. This Panjo is bs

Comment

Working...
                                X