question on paypals exchange rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question on paypals exchange rate

OK heres the problem. I got an the latest exchange rate from x-rates.com and they say that $1= 1.29 Euros. That is a huge jump so I took the opportunity and purchaced some stuff on ebay.de.

Well today I go and try and send the money. Before it is sent they tell me how much it will cost in Dollars. To my surprice they told me the exchange rate is...

PayPal"s Exchange Rate as of Apr. 10, 2005:
    1 U.S. Dollar = 0.753967 Euros

Now what is up with this! I looked around paypal and found this for my answer...

Why is the foreign exchange rate different from what I see in the newspaper?

The foreign exchange rates quoted in the newspaper or online news sources are almost always the inter-bank rates that are available only to the largest international banks purchasing currencies in quantities of $1,000,000.00 USD or more. A more applicable comparison for consumers is the exchange rates quoted at airports or other consumer currency exchange shops.

That would have been great to know before hand. Does anyone know if I could send a check over to him by mail to get the the $1= 1.29 Euros exchange rate?

Any help would be greatly apriciated since im looking to purchace a couple other things in the next few hours!

Thanks
    Jon
Working...
X