1990 325i m50 stroker LA car but in NE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 325i m50 stroker LA car but in NE

I'm just tossing this out there and seeing what happens as of right now, and see what its worth.
    This car is originally from LA so there is no rust anywhere aside from some random bubble that got painted over on the roof by PO. Since the swap I have put about 5k miles on it total, but its a daily so that will continue to rise. Now Im not sure what any of this is worth so Im basing this off of my area for price. Last one in worse shape went for 13k so Im thinking 14k? I have receipts for alot of these things, especially the bigger purchases.

1990 325i sedan, odometer says 123k but it wasnt working when I got it so idk. Brav Restoration fixed up the spedo and got everything working.
    -wrapped bright blue metallic with clean silver paint job underneath, I have photos before it was wrapped.
    -Apex Arc-8 wheels. I found them in a rare thread but not sure how "rare" they are.
    -Falkon FK453 summer tires purchased last year with plenty of life on them.
    -CaTuned adjustable coilovers with front camber adjustment and new wheel bearings.
    -Full Euro trim pieces all around, and plate filler.
    -HID headlight conversion with 8k bulbs I think. (Theyre SLIGHTLY blue)
    -Brand new aluminum radiator
    -Spal pusher fan
    -Silicone radiator hose
    -AC WORKS! Just installed and filled. They had to make a custom line to run on the e30 I guess.
    -Car has a nice sound system in it as well. Small subs ect, nothing crazy.
    -Crack free dash
    -Interior has tan sport seats.
    -Rear seat is perfect aside from the bottom. I have another bottom thats lighter tan in good condition. I planned to have the interior dyed so it all matched.
    -3.73 LSD makes it rather peppy around the streets.
    -Eibach sway bars.

Motor
    M50 iron block (planned on a e85 turbo)
    M50 intake mani
    2.8 crank and rods with m50tu pistons making 11.25:1 compression ratio. Runs on 91 but someone said to use 93 on really hot days.
    3.0 intake cam
    3.5 maf
    ACS delete silicone adapter to run 3.5 maf
    Pink top injectors
    Long tube headers. Side note, this will NOT pass smog as there are no cats.
    Red label 413 ecu
    This build was a complete tear down of the block so it has brand new rings, belts, water pump, timing tensioner, vanos gaskets redone, chain tensioner, thermostat, and alot more.

Transmission
    Standard 1998 m3 ZF transmission that came with 100k miles according to seller. This is mounted to the standard e30 driveshaft using the Revshift Poly adapter. Drive shaft was completely rebuilt and balanced. It has a spal clutch setup but I'm not sure what type exactly I have plenty of photos showing lots of life left on it.
    Was taken from a 1998 E36 from Florida with approximately 100K miles. Can ship motor freight or pick up North of Boston. $350

All photos can be seen here if interested.
    Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like MrForgetfulable.

Interior pics. I forgot to get ones of the driver door but its in equal conditions.
    Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like MrForgetfulable.

I also have lots of other random photos of things like the block torn down ect if interested.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CaffeinatedSoul; 10-06-2017, 11:23 AM.

Is $15,000 the asking price?
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Yea kinda. It's just a number I tossed out there so I'm open to suggestions. All I knew was the last car in my area sold for 13k so I just put something randomly on top of his price. Not sure what anything here is worth

Comment

Saw this at ICC and at cars and coffee. Very clean car!!

Comment

Thanks man. Yeah trip to La for a car tends to get you something pretty clean LOL. Between that and being very methodical when it comes to cleaning. I could have eaten off the block of my car at ICC

Comment

So Im curious, is my asking price too high? Still just trying to get an idea on price.

Comment

I'd post more pictures, if you look Through the sale threads you'll see what similar builds have gone for. Price definitely seems high bit if you're not in a rush to sell then maybe you'll find interest.
              West German BMWs, they just don't make the same as they did before the wall fell.
              ^Case in point: Auto-Repair Technology. Everytime my car isn't starting or acting up I let it sit, sometimes for an hour, sometimes for days. But it eventually fixes itself.

Comment

I have an imgur link with a good amount of photos. Should I post more than what's in there? Honest opinion, what do you feel it's worth?

Comment

I like the car alot. I don't see any interior pics in the link. That will help. I like the color but think I might not like living with it forever.

I don't think 15k is unreasonable but the problem is you need someone looking for exactly this car that has that kind of money.

glws

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                    I like the car alot. I don't see any interior pics in the link. That will help. I like the color but think I might not like living with it forever.

I don't think 15k is unreasonable but the problem is you need someone looking for exactly this car that has that kind of money.

glws
                    Thanks for the advice. $15k was kind of a random number I tossed out, and Im not firm on that number either. Took some pictures of the interior today, should have really cleaned it up first but people get the idea.
                    Link added to the original ad, below exterior pics.

Comment

If I were a buyer, seeing a wrap on that car would scare me (esp if I have 15K to spend on a car). Interior seems to be pretty worn as well, at least in the back and driver's side seat. To compare to a car that just recently sold and at close to your ask - a mint 318IS just went for 16K on BAT. That car is in better shape than yours, has a brand new paint job (nothing against your wrap, as I think yours is very well done, but I think the money is going to clean paint job cars), and is a more desirable model to collectors (who spend the higher amounts). Sorry for being longwinded - I see your car as a 9K car, maybe 10K if you can find the right buyer. I think you'd have better luck if you pulled the wrap off and could prove that the paint underneath was in great shape. My 2 cents - GLWS

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyboy101 View Post
                        If I were a buyer, seeing a wrap on that car would scare me (esp if I have 15K to spend on a car). Interior seems to be pretty worn as well, at least in the back and driver's side seat. To compare to a car that just recently sold and at close to your ask - a mint 318IS just went for 16K on BAT. That car is in better shape than yours, has a brand new paint job (nothing against your wrap, as I think yours is very well done, but I think the money is going to clean paint job cars), and is a more desirable model to collectors (who spend the higher amounts). Sorry for being longwinded - I see your car as a 9K car, maybe 10K if you can find the right buyer. I think you'd have better luck if you pulled the wrap off and could prove that the paint underneath was in great shape. My 2 cents - GLWS
                        Thanks for your input man. I have photos of the car before the wrap ect. I've been trying to track down a good front seat to clean it up before I put it on the market all the way I kinda figured I wouldn't get 15k out of it, but wanted to see what you guys thought.

Comment

Figured I'd update this. Starting it off at 14k and going from there. It is officially for sale.

Comment

Very clean car.

More interior pictures would help.

At 14k, a potential buyer is most likely (i.e. 100%) expecting to buy an E30 that needs absolutely nothing for quite a while. Interior pictures, supporting the condition of the interior, would be a huge help in your sale.

GLWS

Edit: Just saw interior picture link. Your interior is too tarnished to warrant a 14k price tag, IMO.
                            My previous build (currently E30-less)
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

I'm aware of the interior being rough. I'm in the process of getting things to fix it over winter. I figured I'd post it now and someone can do what they want with the interior or wait till summer or so and get it with a clean interior. I'm in no rush to sell it and will keep making it cleaner as time passses. Thanks for the honesty.

Comment

Working...
                              X