• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
    That Really sucks, Jim.

Is that igor from Catuned ?
    Nope from Korch Motorsports in Ontario.

Don't send your car to be serviced there, lol.
    E30S54 - Scale Suspension / Unix Performance Coilovers - 17x8 and 17x9 BBS E50

Comment

I forgot to update my thread. It finally runs like a champ ! ! ;D

I had multiple misfires and it was running like crap, stalled randomly and wobbly idle. I tested the fuel pressure and it was fine. Then I checked the coil packs. 4 of them were discontinued in 2005, 1 was from 2009 and the other wasn't listed for the S54.

One more time, nice servicing seller of crap.

I put 6 new Bosch coil packs and the 2nd TPS (actuator one, itb's one was new) since I had some self test fail codes.

It's already winter here since mid November but I had a chance to try it last week and OMFG, that's so much power and throttle response ! :devil:

The Garagistic 2nd diff support is a really good upgrade. I feel how tight the rear end is now. It really makes a difference !

I worked all summer and spends a shit load of money but it worth it, I can't compare it to the chipped M50 I had. It's too much of an upgrade, the sound, response, rpm range, power gain, etc

Here's some pictures I found in my iPhone.

Comment

Is it tucked away for the winter?
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Congrats on getting her complete!

God's engine is the S54. Welcome to heaven
          -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
          91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
          08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
          04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
          Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
          Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            Is it tucked away for the winter?
            Yes.

You'll have to wait till 2018 for a Cotm feature. ;)

Comment

Yes, that S54 engine is super special. I was extreme melancholy when I sold my E46 ZCP M3 and watched that S54 drive off.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Lepage View Post
                I worked all summer and spends a shit load of money but it worth it, I can't compare it to the chipped M50 I had. It's too much of an upgrade, the sound, response, rpm range, power gain, etc
                Congrats!

You must be antsy waiting until next Spring to really rip on it! Any plans over the winter?

Originally posted by whysimon
                WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Hi,

Amazing build, as many have already said , so just repeating ;)
                  Glad to see you were able to mend the engine issue and carry on!

Mine isn't s54, but similar power , and I know what you mean when you are saying you can't compare it :) it's such a huge difference that will require relearning the car !

Congrats again !
                  Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
                    Congrats!

You must be antsy waiting until next Spring to really rip on it! Any plans over the winter?
                    It's stored outside on jackstand under my carport so I can't really work directly on it. By chance we have snowboard to help to pass the cold season !!

-catch can is not installed. Everything is gonna be clean and good looking again on that side.

-rpm is not working since 2016. I think I'll buy a refurbished SI board with fresh batteries. I'm pretty sure it's the cause.

-interior needs some work. I have to better fit the ECU and put back the glovebox. I'd like to have a black carpet. Black headliner too. Maybe a new steering wheel.

-I may start a custom rollbar

-during the winter I want to buy an AKG mono wiper conversion kit.

-body needs love in the battery area and lower rear valance.

-I had to add 3mm spacers for the front brake to fit. I want to lower this to 1.5mm if possible.

-I need to cut the clutch slave rod a bit. I had to use a Z3M flywheel/clutch/pp combo to keep my G260 and this combo is farter from the engine so closer to the slave. At first my tranny was making all sort of noises I never heard. It took me some time to figure out what was the cause of that. It was always a bit disengaged, very slightly. I tested by shimming the slave but I think it wasn't enough. I'll fine tune it next year.

There's probably many other things I forget, like taking time to enjoy it and going to car shows !!! :D

Comment

Any updates 🤷🏽waffles♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                      IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

This remains one of my favourite threads to check up on. I love everything about it. Keep up the posts!
                        Avusblau 1994 M3 - DEAD
                        Lagunagrün 1991 331iS --> Journal Here

Comment

Originally posted by getouth View Post
                          Any updates 🤷🏽waffles♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Not much, winter is at it's climax here. I must have 4-5' of snow in my backyard and snowboarding is still so fun !

I just sent a payment to Bavarian Restoration for a complete refresh and some add-ons to my cluster. I'm shipping it Monday after work.

Comment

Originally posted by 3MPowered View Post
                            This remains one of my favourite threads to check up on. I love everything about it. Keep up the posts!
                            Thank you !

I'll keep the thread alive, don't worry.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Lepage View Post
                              Thank you !

I'll keep the thread alive, don't worry.
                              You need to keep me posted when the car comes out of hibernation
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                You need to keep me posted when the car comes out of hibernation
                                Yes ! :up:

I have some things to finish first. I also want a mono wiper and my rear bench need to match the black tweed and patterns of my front Recaro.

Comment

Working...
                                X