Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to R3V

Hello R3V,

I originally came across this forum at the end of 2014 when I really started searching for a project e30. Starting around October 2014 I test drove three e30s on Craigslist. I checked out two junky ones (one was wrecked and overheated almost to red on test drive, yikes!) and one really nice but expensive '90. I kept up my search until April when I bought my red '93 Civic hatchback project car. I had a great time fixing the Civic up over my summer vacation and went to an HPR open lapping day (loved it! Passed a newer GTI even). I joined the BMW CCA RMC and I plan on going to a few of the autoX events at Front Range Airport this summer. Maybe I will see some of you out there. Anyway, I think I am going to sell my other car, an '89 Accord, and try to find a cheap e30. So I am back on this forum and hopefully I will be in an e30 sometime soon, even if it is a junky one. Does anyone know anything about the $600 metal bumper 318i that was on the Colorado Springs Craigslist? The posting expired and I didn't contact the seller on time.
    Last edited by Griff_; 01-09-2016, 12:56 PM.

Welcome, it has been kind of dead around here for some reason. I would hold out for a decent 325i if I were you or maybe a 318is rather than getting a junky project type e30.
    318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
    '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

welcome buddy
      a junky e30 is not worth it unless you have a huge bank account! lol i bought one my 4th one and started working on it then stopped till i get some more money. but they sure are fun cars! maybe we will see you around
      Hold off on something thats in better condition for a little more money it would be worth it.
      sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
      1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
      1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
      1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
      (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
      1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
      2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
      2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

Maybe it would be better to wait and pick up a good one. Till then I will still take my Civic out to events; if any of you see a dark red Civic hatch with a faded roof and a High Plains sticker on the rear drivers side window be sure to come say hi.

Comment

Working...
        X