No announcement yet.

Do we have an MTech 1 Thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the corner bumpers need to loosen up and adjusted in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic
    323i MTEC1
    Z3 coupe
    E60 M5

Comment

Originally posted by Old city bimmer View Post
      Looks like the corner bumpers need to loosen up and adjusted in.
      exactly. just loosen the nuts attaching them to the front flat section, pull them in and tighten. be careful not to scratch your paint! TAPE UP THE CAR FIRST
      I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
      DB vert plastic bumpers
      OEM Keys
      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
      91 ic Calypso 3.1
      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
      TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
      e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

My never ending project as of tonight. So pumped to finally have this kit on the car. Now to finish the rest of the project.
        sigpic
        84 323i

Comment

Nice car! What color is it? Salmon?

Thanks guys - I thought that might be the case. I am going to strip it all back dow to just the bumper and fit the bumper to the car first, they put the other stuff on.

Question - The original clips that came with the kit are a bit larger at the base. Do these exist anywhere? I only see the ECS clips on line. Appreciate the help.

Comment

There are two different size clips needed for the bumper trim. I have pics of both clips with part numbers on my build thread

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
            Having a hard time with the front bumper trim. pretty clear how to use these bumper trim clips and they fit well in the plastic. they're used to hold the rear bumper rubber too

Unfortunately they don't fit very well on the ends of the front center trim. they're too small for the plastic mount and too low to stick through to the bumper. even bending the clip won't help.
            callie-euro front trim clip2 by

UPDATE: Levent and hendrixvodu clued me in. need to pull the clips through to the back side of the bumper. also make sure the center barbs stick out far enough to grab the back side of the bumper when installed.

Originally posted by hendrixvodu View Post
            I know they sell different size clips
            Confirmed, 2 size clips. My fronts were all the large size. My rear parts mounting kit has the smaller size clips for both the front and rear bumper. I was able to make them work here.

the realoem front bumper listing I used show a "Clip", part number 51111838076. This must be the large clip.

the realoem rear bumper listing I'm using shows a different part called "Clamp", 51111867927. It's definitely smaller.

HOWTOs:
            DB vert plastic bumpers
            OEM Keys
            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
            91 ic Calypso 3.1
            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Originally posted by tvance306 View Post
              Nice car! What color is it? Salmon?
              Thanks, it is Sapphire Blue Metallic. State-side I think the color was only offered in 84 on the 318...not sure about euro cars but I think just 84 & 85.
              sigpic
              84 323i

Comment

hello i am french and i am looking for the seal that shows on the headband mtech 1, in france it no longer provides it

number 4 : 51121942083

Comment

Hi @ismael712

If you are in Europe and cannot get it from BMW it must be NLA (no longer available). That's not good!

Bad news on the Strömung front.. The mtech exhaust he just released appears to work on mtech2 only. Puzzled by that since the MT2 used stock 325i exhaust..

Here's a repro MT2 rear apron. It's pretty thin where the tips exit, unlike the MT1 apron that wraps under.

Scott from Strömung finally got around to offering mtech versions of his exhaust. This is a cropped version of pic he sent me showing his prototype.

@tvance306 just tried trial fitting his tech strömung on his mtech1 car and the tips are clearly not angled enough. They don't exit straight like the standard strömung, but the angle just isn't sharp enough outboard to line up with the exhaust cutout on the mtech1 rear apron.

This isn't Scott's fault btw. His angled exhaust just doesn't fit mtech1. I'm in contact with him to look into getting these modded, also into switching to the double wall tips that came on my straight version.

HOWTOs:
                  DB vert plastic bumpers
                  OEM Keys
                  MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                  91 ic Calypso 3.1
                  86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

A few new pics. Hoping to have it close to finished for SoCal Vintage meet.

Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 9.10.10 PM by tvance306, on Flickr

Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 9.10.32 PM by tvance306, on Flickr

Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 10.11.02 AM by tvance306, on Flickr

Comment

Great looking car, congrats on getting it on the road.
                      sigpic
                      84 323i

Comment

Looks great !!

sigpic
                        323i MTEC1
                        Z3 coupe
                        E60 M5

Comment

Awesome pics guys!

Mr. Wolfe
                          sigpic

Comment

I have a M60 with a five speed. I really enjoy the power and definitely on the top of the list -the sound. When driving around I get thumbs-up from all type of car guys. Subaru, Honda, Chevy and of course BMW.
                            It's probably the best complement to receive.

What strut brace do you have? Trying to find one that fits over my M62.

Mr. Wolfe
                            sigpic

Comment

I bought that one from Germany. Company called INNOPARTS. I got it fairly quickly being that it was shipped from overseas.

sigpic
                              323i MTEC1
                              Z3 coupe
                              E60 M5

Comment

I bought that one from Germany. Company called INNOPARTS. I got it fairly quickly being that it was shipped from overseas.

Thanks, I think I found it.

<h5><span style="color: #333333;">Funktion:</span><br /><br /></h5> <p style="text-align: justify;"><span style="color: #333333;">Durch Verwendung von Aluminium-Domstreben von <strong>Innoparts</strong><em></em> wird wie im Rennsport eine Gewichtsoptimie

Mr. Wolfe
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X