e30 LS swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 LS swap

Anybody clue me in to proper off-the-shelf headers to fit on the driver side. I was told Sanderson would work, but it is right on my motor mount and almost impossible to hook to manifold pipe. I made it work but am tired of replacing motor mounts.

garagistic?
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Garagistic are sandersons the only ones I know of are sikky
      1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
      COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

Go solid front plate and then run C6 manifolds. :)
        Current: '91 DS M3, '03 TS M3 (6MT)
        '06 Chevy 2500 Duramax - Race car hauler, '90 Corvette - Weekend toy
        Past: '88 AW M3, '87 RB M6, '98 CS M3, '88 DS M3, '88 Zinno M3, '88 AW SETA (facelift),
        1988 Super E (Bronzit - grey wrap)- RIP, 1986 353, 1986 VW Jetta (vr6) - Racecar

IG: RDE_Fabrications
        Check us out
        Or YouTube --> HERE;

Comment

Sanderson headers

I made it work by cutting off the collector near the converging point and angling a 3" piece toward the fender well and to the outside of the steering link. Rewelded the flange and now no worries. Could have been a little longer for ease of assembly, but not near as bad as before.

Comment

I also tried Patriot H8073 which are beautiful, but the collector needed to be moved about an inch out toward the fender side and would have been great. I couldn't see paying 270 dollars and still have to modify. Tried to get them to build it for E30 sales, but they claimed wasn't enough market.

Comment

Working...
            X