Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

installed radio, speedo and odometer stopped working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

installed radio, speedo and odometer stopped working?

hello, I am new to e30s and this community. Just picked up an 85 325e a week ago. Got a new head unit and was installing today, had a hard time because whoever owned it before me made the wiring a bunch of nonsense. But anywho, once I was finished and took a drive later on I noticed my speedometer and odometer were no longer working. I know thats's pretty common for these cars but they were both working just fine earlier before I had begun to install my radio. Just wondering if it was pure coincidence or if there is something that happened along the way to cause this during installation. Sorry for such a stupid question but I'm in a bit of a dilemma because I liked that my gagues were all working and what not and don't want to have to go through the process of returning them to working order by replacing gears and sensors. Thank you for reading! Again sorry for the stupid noob question.

You may have shorted some wires during your radio install. Replace fuse 10, 12 and 21 with new 7.5A fuses. If you continue to blow fuses, disconnect radio and try again.
    Owner - Bavarian Restoration
    BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
    www.BavRest.com
    My Feedback Thread
    Our Facebook!
    Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Radio and cluster share same fuses btw.
      Owner - Bavarian Restoration
      BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
      www.BavRest.com
      My Feedback Thread
      Our Facebook!
      Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregs///M View Post
        You may have shorted some wires during your radio install. Replace fuse 10, 12 and 21 with new 7.5A fuses. If you continue to blow fuses, disconnect radio and try again.
        Thank you very much! :thankyou:

Comment

Working...
        X