When I thought I'd seen everything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen squirrel nut caches, rat's nests, and even a possum sleeping on an engine, But this is a new one for me. Apparently they were making a nest in the expansion cap. The car had not been driving in several months, so they had time to find the cavity in the expansion tank cap. Either they could not find a way into the car or liked the cap better, because we could not find any ants in the car or trunk.
    Attached Files
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Sweet, no? Why coolant is do dangerous for dogs, they will lap it up only to be a certain death.
    ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Does this mean ants are immune to ethylene glycol damage?

:shock:
      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Apparently they like European cars!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Wtf
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          '90 325i sedan daily driven
          '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Cool. Ant.

Comment

^lol!!!
              1990 325i
              2004 330i Individual 6-speed
              sigpic

Comment

Unless you have old coolant, current ones are now bitter

Comment

Bitter ants. Never knew they suffered from the same problems we did.
                  "damn kids, get out of my crack in the sidewalk"

Jim, was this a car with coolant, or a race car with water and additive?

t
                  now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
                    Sweet, no? Why coolant is do dangerous for dogs, they will lap it up only to be a certain death.
                    Side note - some people in my area have been lacing dog food with coolant and dropping it off at the local dog park. Needless to say if the loser gets caught in the act he'll likely not make it out of the park alive!
                    Steve • Toronto
                    1991 318is • Brillantrot
                    Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
                      Side note - some people in my area have been lacing dog food with coolant and dropping it off at the local dog park. Needless to say if the loser gets caught in the act he'll likely not make it out of the park alive!

Mannnnn The things I'd do to someone if I caught them in the act doing shit like that or even abusing an animal. There would be hell to pay to say the least.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
                        Bitter ants. Never knew they suffered from the same problems we did.
                        "damn kids, get out of my crack in the sidewalk"

Jim, was this a car with coolant, or a race car with water and additive?
                        t
                        It is a DD and was filled with BMW coolant mixed 50:50 with distilled water.
                        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
                        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Hmmm... that's crazy!

You know, they may keep going all winter, now that they can't freeze...

t
                          now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

At least it's under the hood, when I bought my E36 I found a mouse nest with a bunch of live babies in it under my seat.
                            Injectors - services, upgrades, rebuild kits and stock sets available! 14.5lb, 17lb, 19lb, 21lb, 28lb, 33lb, M20B27 injectors available https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413372

Comment

Working...
                            X