This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DELPHINtimecapsule View Post
    Not very rare, but I'm hoping the tuner parts experts can tell me a brief history or which pedal was introduced to the market first, and when?
    [ATTACH]112227[/ATTACH]

There is a precursor to these footrests even. I think they are the best looking, too! Maybe Raul has one? If not, I have a picture archived.

Black is seen in the earliest catalogs. ACS did not do part number castings into these earlier ones.

The silver one is into the 90s. I can look at the catalogs and pin down a time frame. These are most commonly reproduced and seen on ebay. I do not know how to tell the fakes from the real. They also match the style of the pedal covers you usually see. They are also commonly reproduced as are the same stylesld e brake handles.
    ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
      There is a precursor to these footrests even. I think they are the best looking, too! Maybe Raul has one? If not, I have a picture archived.

Black is seen in the earliest catalogs. ACS did not do part number castings into these earlier ones.

The silver one is into the 90s. I can look at the catalogs and pin down a time frame. These are most commonly reproduced and seen on ebay. I do not know how to tell the fakes from the real. They also match the style of the pedal covers you usually see. They are also commonly reproduced as are the same stylesld e brake handles.
      Thanks for the info! Would love to see that early early pedal and also find out when exactly the silver one was first produced. Not that is a guarantee of authenticity but I sourced the silver one from a German ebayer who vouched for it. I actually got it to better match the pedal covers I bought long ago from Abraham Motorsport. I run the black one in my other e30 with the stock pedal covers.

Comment

Originally posted by GDA View Post
        Alpina 17x8 4x100 wheelset - Super Rare Z1 RLE set

My attic stash got a once over and noticed these rare as all get out 17x8 ET28 original Ronal Alpina 17x8 4x100 wheelset. Information is limited but Alpina appears to have only put 17x8 4x100 on the Z1 RLE edition and only 66 sets of these rims were produced.

Can anyone help provide more information on these?

hmmm.....judging by this photo, i would say these are not 17" wheels. that measurement isn't from edge to edge of the rim, it is from the inner diameter of the tire bead.

is there anywhere on the inside of the rim that says 8jx17 or similar?

tomorrow, i will shoot some pics of one of my 17" alpina e36 hardlines. you will see what i am talking about.
        Last edited by flyboyx; 12-21-2016, 10:09 PM.
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Let's just put this whole Alpina Z1 17" x 8" thing to rest. These are my 16" x 7" Alpinas. I think we got trolled.

But we all make mistakes. Here's that awkward moment when I realized I didn't buy enough M-technic cloth to re-do my entire interior. I should have known better because I've bought and sold cloth before, but in my rush to snag the uber rare real cloth, I multiplied 3 meters length x 1.5 meters width, and calculated that I was getting 4.5 meters of cloth. WRONG. When it comes to measuring cloth don't use L x W. It's only the length that really matters, as width is pretty standard at 1 - 1.5 meters. What I really needed was 4.5 running meters (or in other words 4.5 meters in length of cloth). So I was almost two meters short. Luckily I was able to get the additional cloth I needed.

Last edited by robrez; 12-21-2016, 09:07 PM.
          sigpic
          January 2012 COTM

Comment

I will help resolve any questions on these as I was the one who asked for info on them in the first place.

I was planning on bead blasting the centers to get to the bare metal and get the original specs.

I did some digging after my OP and I could not find anything where a 17x8 was built with a ET28 offset so things on that end never did match up. Further, the lip contour did not match the flat lip of the Z1 from pics on the net either.

I suspect they are 16s... will post once I clean off the paint layers from the centers.

Anyway, they are just old Alpinas for an E30.

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
            hmmm.....judging by this photo, i would say these are not 17" wheels. that measurement isn't from edge to edge of the rim, it is from the inner diameter of the tire bead.

is there anywhere on the inside of the rim that says 8jx17 or similar?

tomorrow, i will shoot some pics of one of my 17" alpina e36 hardlines. you will see what i am talking about.

Comment

No shame in having a square set of e30 Alpina wheels in the parts bin. I'm sure they're clean up good.

I will help resolve any questions on these as I was the one who asked for info on them in the first place.

I was planning on bead blasting the centers to get to the bare metal and get the original specs.

I did some digging after my OP and I could not find anything where a 17x8 was built with a ET28 offset so things on that end never did match up. Further, the lip contour did not match the flat lip of the Z1 from pics on the net either.

I suspect they are 16s... will post once I clean off the paint layers from the centers.

sigpic
              January 2012 COTM

Comment

I want alpina's but i cant bring my self to sell my oz turbos.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                  I want alpina's but i cant bring my self to sell my oz turbos.
                  oz's are nice, but in my opinion, nothing beats a set of oem alpina wheels.
                  sigpic
                  Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                    oz's are nice, but in my opinion, nothing beats a set of oem alpina wheels.

Might just have to have both haha

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

i just checked the link posted above. the wheels on that car look exactly like my e36 wheels but appear to have a little more offset.
                      sigpic
                      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

German craigslist

Brand new diff cover with cooling fins;
                        1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
                        1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by D.Martijn View Post
                          German craigslist

Brand new diff cover with cooling fins;
                          Thats not rare, thats just a Z3 diff cover.
                          Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Your resource to tools and tips: www.rtstools.com

Comment

Originally posted by noid View Post
                            Thats not rare, thats just a Z3 diff cover.
                            Oh oke, I've never seen one before..
                            good to know
                            1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
                            1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Some of my unused Ac schnitzer collection

Attached Files

Comment

^^^ I like it all.^^

Really the ACS3!!!!
                                Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X