Clear All

Weird shifter

Car: 1987 325e
    Motor: m50nv
    Current Trans: late g260
    Previous trans before swap original "E" g260
    Dssr:187mm from IE twisted by me.
    Carrier: aluminum carrier transferred from 325e trans

I searched but all I get is conflicting information and posts regarding to the sheet metal early style trans which I dont have.

Problem: trans shifter sits center as far as left to right goes, but will hit the console by the coin tray thus obstructing full engagement of gears Reverse, 3rd and 5th. Now the part numbers are different from the e trans carrier to the "i" carrier but I want to know if there is a difference in length between the 2. I decided to reuse the E shift carrier as I already pressed in the delrin bushings.

I would check my self but my pile if metal was raided by the metal collectors. Apparently if you have what looks like scrap metal in the front yard these guys just help themselves...

any body?

Comment

Welllll. I pulled one for the funk yard and they appear to be the same.

Comment

Do you have the shifter backwards?
        sigpic

Comment

Funny, i actually flipped the shift lever and ended up making it far worse lol. for now so I can drive the vehicle i removed the center console. It seems as id the dssr I have may be a tad too long. Im wondering if i made it shorter it would allow me to shift properly without sucker punching my the upper console and electronics.

Comment

I cut my linkage down about 20mm for my m30 swap so yes cutting and welding it back together will work but I can't say how much you need to have cut down for your set up.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
              I cut my linkage down about 20mm for my m30 swap so yes cutting and welding it back together will work but I can't say how much you need to have cut down for your set up.
              yeahhh, for now i am just gonna leave it with the center console slightly modded until I can pull the linkage and have it shortened. Looks like it could use a good 10mm out if it.

Comment

Working...
              X