X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S38 325ix What's NEEDED

First #AntiTrolling mood

i'd like to know what it would take to swap a s38b36 0r b38 in a 325ix ?

Also any knowledge anyone has on our front diff & T case issue your welcome to speak!

Just the thought of the subframe having to be spaced down makes me think there could be adverse effects to the CV joints and potentially pinion angles as well.

Comment

I am not sure how long the front driveshaft could sustain close to 300hp if the rears are slipping. The biggest IX specific hurdle would probably be mating the iX transmission to the s38 block

Comment

Well the first thing you need is a trust fund and/or a sugar daddy. I think Blunt has applications on his website, or you might have to email him.
        -Alex

Comment

about $25,000.

no, really. I'm probably not that far off the mark.

an S54 would cost half, fit better, and use way less custom parts.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I'm usually not a big fan of saying stuff like this but with you ix I'd suggest looking into turbo charging the ix it's it's a lot more cost effective. A lot less of a pain in the ass. Also I've been reading up on s38 builds for over a year now and trust me a turbo m20 is a lot easier to maintain.
            This is a suggestion not anything more. Take a look into some builds both here on r3v and via Google search. The engine alone will cost about 4000 for a good running one. Just keep that in mind.
            Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

Comment

If he's looking into an S38 he might as well build a 3.2L M20 and THEN turbo it. Still would cost less than $25,000
              -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
                Well the first thing you need is a trust fund and/or a sugar daddy. I think Blunt has applications on his website, or you might have to email him.
                good humor! i'm not rich man but I'm looking 4 a build i can work on over the year's yes ill by a new car but as the enthusiast i am a challenging hobby is well needed

Comment

Originally posted by fronton View Post
                  I am not sure how long the front driveshaft could sustain close to 300hp if the rears are slipping. The biggest IX specific hurdle would probably be mating the iX transmission to the s38 block
                  yeah i remember seing instruction's on s38 m88 to the ix but not sure if the s38b38 an s38b36 have same block or take the same transmission

Comment

Originally posted by Titan_Omega View Post
                    I'm usually not a big fan of saying stuff like this but with you ix I'd suggest looking into turbo charging the ix it's it's a lot more cost effective. A lot less of a pain in the ass. Also I've been reading up on s38 builds for over a year now and trust me a turbo m20 is a lot easier to maintain.
                    This is a suggestion not anything more. Take a look into some builds both here on r3v and via Google search. The engine alone will cost about 4000 for a good running one. Just keep that in mind.
                    great advice do you have any idea what a fully built m20 turbo'd is capable of ? 1/4 mile wise i'd like a sorta sleeper daily driver possible an evo killer i think A modded diff & inconel steel Tcase of some sort machined would be enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                      Just the thought of the subframe having to be spaced down makes me think there could be adverse effects to the CV joints and potentially pinion angles as well.
                      i appreciate all info I'm new t the e30 world having had two e36's i wanna expand especially after my carbon e36 was side hit by a 18yr old on his cell phone smh! the pain...

Comment

Originally posted by DukeOfBimmer View Post
                        great advice do you have any idea what a fully built m20 turbo'd is capable of ?

just over 1000 bhp....
                        ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)Be Afraid Of The Future

Comment

Originally posted by Xat1cZ View Post
                          just over 1000 bhp....
                          Hmm me thinks e30 ix gutted will still be heavier than a regular e30 an with 1000bhp put to 4 wheels with the m20 torque vs s38 so with the m20 i may not have the same advantage 1/4 mile to kill a semi modded evo 8 trufully 9 or settling for 10's quartermile would be nice not going for a record just satisfaction! Car 2 comment

Comment

it's ~140lbs difference in weight. it's really not that much.

also, I really don't think the ix is the car you want for a 1000hp drag racer or 10 second 1/4 mile.. it won't be streetable at that point anyway, and you'll go through front diffs like water.
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                              it's ~140lbs difference in weight. it's really not that much difference.

also, I really don't think the ix is the car you want for a 1000hp drag racer or 10 second 1/4 mile.. it won't be streetable at that point anyway, and you'll go through front diffs like water.
                              I was just quoting they him I'm not looking for 1000

My goal's

9to10 sec in quarter mile.

Still able to DD

+ Beefed up drive train & modded diff & t. Case.

Comment

Working...
                              X