No announcement yet.

M20 Turbo Spark Plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive run the bpr7eix iridium plugs for almost 20,000 miles before I changed them to a fresh set. They seem to be more resistant to blowout than the coppers. At 15-18psi, you could run the 8's if its a weekend car, cause the 7s are right at the heat limit around 320-330. The 7s will make the car idle better though, so its a sort of a compromise. I wouldnt race on the 7s, but for daily driving and boosting around town they are fine. Any more than that, like a track day or some heavy heavy canyon running I would run 8s.

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
    PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

I'll stick with the 7s but I'couldn't find irridium ones as of I'm using the stock plugs wires, the only one I can find over here are BR7ES

M20B28 Turbo

My Build Thread

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=255839

Comment

What gap are you guys running on the 7's

Comment

Originally posted by aarontl View Post
          What gap are you guys running on the 7's
          I gap em to 23ish
          -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

I know we talked about BR7ES and BPR7ES......what about BKR7E? I found a brand new set in my garage so i just want to make sure I can run those
            1997 Artic Silver M3
            CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

BP8ES Gap 18 for 1 Bar with Methanol

I have the same injector volume, a GT2871R, MSD6AL Digital, MSD Blaster High Vibration Coil, and Cooling Mist M1 Methanol to cool the charge since I have no intercooler. Recently, I crammed in the Mishimoto MMRAD-E36-92X Silver Aluminum X-Line Performance Radiator to add an updated cooling solution for this aging e30. In the process of doing this upgrade, the temperature overall dropped (I suspect significantly) despite having the better thermostat value for the previous OEM radiator. When cruising on the freeway at night the gauge does not clear the blue marker.

So how does this relate to spark plugs?

I developed some reduced smoothness in driveability recently after the radiator upgrade, had BP8ES NGK plugs installed, and investigated them to discover they became fuel fouled. They were gapped 22. So I got another set, gapped them 22, and under full boost (15psi), they were getting blown out. These are brand new plugs! I Re-gapped them to 18 and the car pulls hard....pulls way harder than before! Trade-off is below...read on.

So, for my two cents, I contribute that these plugs can work, but if you are in colder temperatures (or run drastic cooling solutions as a cheat for lack of an intercooler with methanol instead) your car will run extra rich. So, car might idle ok, pull really hard on WOT, but partial throttle it will gargle with fuel; your OBC will think you have a range of 600+ miles (LOL) and you'll at best get 16 MPG if you behave on your tank.

Originally posted by sayed ali View Post
              Hi guys :)

I'm about to take my car to the dyno, I'm wondering which spark plugs are suitable for 15-17 psi and around 330-350hp?

I'm running 42lb injectors

Ngk bpr7es

Ngk BKR7E

Ngk BPR7EIX, iridium

Others?

THanks,

Comment

Working...
              X