cosmoline a story of success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cosmoline a story of success

After 10 years and $300 million us government dollars, the cosmoline genome has been cracked.

The Goop works on plastic and cast aluminum, doesn't seem to do anything on cosmoline over paint.

Sweet to know!

Did you just use a pad to scrub off? Looks soo clean. Did you polish or anything else? Is that the finish without Cosmo?

Welcome to R3V brother! I love when a first post is helpful. haha.
    20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

Originally posted by HerbE30 View Post
      Welcome to R3V brother! I love when a first post is helpful. haha.
      No joke! Going to have to try this. :up:

BTW... I am hoping that your username is a reference to Hackers. In which case, we need a Crash Override member.
      "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
      -----------------------------------------
      91 318is Turbo Sold
      87 325 Daily driver Sold
      06 4.8is X5
      06 Mtec X3
      05 4.4i X5 Sold
      92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
      90 325i Sold
      97 328is Sold
      01 323ci Sold
      92 325i Sold
      83 528e Totaled
      98 328i Sold
      93 325i Sold

Comment

Sadly I discovered the goop method after the fact. The intake was hot tanked "didn't remove all cosmoline" and then hit with a few coats of paint stripper "worked Meh". The valve cover was bead blasted at work, only way to make it shine like that. FYI wear safety glasses when using paint stripper, my normal prescription glasses saved my eyeball from certain doom!

Going into more detail:

-The intake in the picture was just pulled off a parts car, Goop was applied for 24hrs then wiped off with a paper towel. No elbow grease.

-The spark plug wire housing same deal, I didn't clean the whole thing because I didn't want to take it off the car. But just touching it the cosmoline lifts right off.

-The skid plate "My first subject" goop was applied for 4 hours, then removed with a plastic scouring pad. Knowing what I know now I would have let it set 24 hrs.

-Lastly I don't know why, but the goop method doesn't seem to work on painted surfaces, maybe it forms a stronger bond on fresh factory paint.

P.S.
        Zero Cool was already taken, now im just a man with a woman's alias. It's whatever still hacking the planet

Comment

Working...
        X