X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
    Jeez wtf do you do for work?

Get the ring. The car's not gonna find someone else
    Policia is my main job, working 3rds. Second job is being a resident manager at the apartment complex I'm living at.

That's what I'm most certainly leaning towards.

The tempting thing is to take advantage of the 0% financing on the ring and then buy either the rifle or paint the e30 :D

Originally posted by FredK View Post
    If you eat less, you'll lose weight, save money, keep the girl, and be able to paint your e30.

You're welcome.
    Issue isn't quantity of food I'm eating, it's purely quality.. 3rd shift + no set break time + must be able to eat in a car really limits my options. A guy can only eat so many salads, and those aren't particularly easy to eat while seated in a car, with a bulky external vest carrier on, with my laptop touching my elbow, expensive electronics everywhere, etc.. At one point they were contemplating not allowing us to have drinks in the squads any more due to a spilled coffee costing the PD about $700 to fix a radio.
    2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

You're gonna regret painting the e30 once the girl stumbles upon this thread and realizes you let a bunch of nobody's dictate whether you settle down and commit or paint a ****ing car lol. Get the ring :)

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Paint doesn't look terrible. I change my vote from paint to ring.

On the topic of food, check out fitmencook . com as there are a ton of tasty and easy recipes that prep and keep easily.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by vtechnik View Post
          You're gonna regret painting the e30 once the girl stumbles upon this thread and realizes you let a bunch of nobody's dictate whether you settle down and commit or paint a ****ing car lol. Get the ring :)
          She knows me well enough to not get upset about something like this :)

She actually really likes the e30, apparently she liked a movie that had an old BMW in it so she thinks they're cute. It's not as cool as the 911, but she supports this obsession.

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
          Paint doesn't look terrible. I change my vote from paint to ring.

On the topic of food, check out fitmencook . com as there are a ton of tasty and easy recipes that prep and keep easily.
          That picture is deceiving, there's no clear coat anywhere on the car, chips of paint missing, some dents, Zender bumper is gone so the front valance is hella bent and scratched, etc... I'd rate the current paint as a 2/10.

I'll take a look at that, thanks!
          2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Is ring + new wheels an option? Car could look clean with 16s and a buff and wax.

Comment

Definitely get A ring. But prioritize it with what [B]she[B] would want. A more expensive ring isn't going to make you skinnier or your junk any bigger. Expensive jewelry is a huge waste of money, unless it's an enthusiast thing, ie; she's into jewelry, much the same as cars are a waste of money/time for most people.
              "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
              -----------------------------------------
              91 318is Turbo Sold
              87 325 Daily driver Sold
              06 4.8is X5
              06 Mtec X3
              05 4.4i X5 Sold
              92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
              90 325i Sold
              97 328is Sold
              01 323ci Sold
              92 325i Sold
              83 528e Totaled
              98 328i Sold
              93 325i Sold

Comment

I vote ring. She might be so happy she offers to pay for the paint job or AR in return :)
                1990 325iX - sterlingsilber metallic
                1991 325i - lazurblau metallic

Originally posted by delamaize
                E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
                  She knows me well enough to not get upset about something like this :)

She actually really likes the e30, apparently she liked a movie that had an old BMW in it so she thinks they're cute. It's not as cool as the 911, but she supports this obsession.
                  Get the Ring!!
                  1990 325i
                  2004 330i Individual 6-speed
                  sigpic

Comment

I had a custom ring made on etsy from a hobbyist ring maker for cheap and also personalized with our initials, let me pick the stone and everything!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Comment

If you do anything but option 1, you need to get your head checked.

Comment

I dunno guys... the E30 does look pretty bad.

I think we need more pics of your girl :rofl:
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I vote for option 4, adopt another cat.

Raising the cat together will forge a lasting bond that a trinket worn on your finger can't possibly duplicate.

Originally posted by whysimon
                          WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

cats, bro
                            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                              If you do anything but option 1, you need to get your head checked.
                              This isn't 1953 son.

He needs to live with this woman for at least a year before doing anything like buying a ring. Staying over, however often, is completely different to actually living with someone.
                              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                                He needs to live with this woman for at least a year before doing anything like buying a ring. Staying over, however often, is completely different to actually living with someone.
                                Good point. My wife and I lived together for 4-5 years before getting married.
                                "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                                -----------------------------------------
                                91 318is Turbo Sold
                                87 325 Daily driver Sold
                                06 4.8is X5
                                06 Mtec X3
                                05 4.4i X5 Sold
                                92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                                90 325i Sold
                                97 328is Sold
                                01 323ci Sold
                                92 325i Sold
                                83 528e Totaled