Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't that the one that a lot people were saying corners were cut on a lot of the work?

Unless its the same owner, and the buyer on BAT flaked out so now they are trying CL.

The BAT buyer has also purchased a few others on there. Maybe its a private dealer trying to buy BAT cars and flip them?
    Steve • Toronto
    1991 318is • Brillantrot
    Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
      Isn't that the one that a lot people were saying corners were cut on a lot of the work?

Unless its the same owner, and the buyer on BAT flaked out so now they are trying CL.

The BAT buyer has also purchased a few others on there. Maybe its a private dealer trying to buy BAT cars and flip them?
      That would be amazing if he was able to buy on BAT and flip them. I always felt like BAT was the place to sell...not to buy....because the prices seem so inflated. I could be wrong though.
      Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
      COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Going back over his comments, he says hes buying these for his own use, and has a storage unit they are going in to - that he's not a flipper.

There is just an odd audience now on BAT - many of the bidders/winners only joined the site in the last few years, and very few seem to be what I classify has enthusiast. They only seem to buy because they have the money and it's the cool thing to do. Course you see that in any hobby (Comic books, sports cards..etc.)

It's people that are in it because it's the hot thing - driving up prices and then when the coolness factor drops off, you are left with a 100 Ken Griffey Jr Topps extended RC's worth a few pennies taking up way too much room in your closet.
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

That poor car is just tragic.
          The poster child of all hat, no cattle.
          Jimmy P.
          87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
          88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
          88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
          92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
          98 318Ti Morea Green
          04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

S52-Powered 1990 BMW 325is Race Car

Bid for the chance to own a S52-Powered 1990 BMW 325is Race Car at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #8,431.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha View Post
              S52-Powered 1990 BMW 325is Race Car

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990-bmw-325is-18/

That car looks awfully familiar. I believe I've seen it at Sebring a few years ago when working for NASA.
              john@m20guru.com
              Links:
              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                That car looks awfully familiar. I believe I've seen it at Sebring a few years ago when working for NASA.

I was wondering if this was the one ran at the 25 several years back, and was sold a short while after. It did burn up two exhaust valves during that race..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                2016 Ford Flex
                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Gawd, those sharks are so German. The e28 M5 looks like a reasonable price so far. The red 325is looks like a good deal too, so far.
                  My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
                  I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

That S52 car is a members car. Pretty sure he has had it here for ~$25k
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Ygtbsm1969
                      The only thing I can say about BAT is it appears to have viewers from a global market. Contacts from Canada, UK and of coarse California and wanting to keep it there. Bar'd or register as a show car or track car done as not street-able. Its driving me crazy I just dont know how to work this out. Will it sell, will it do good or go plop like a POS. I like the car and tried to be as honest as I possible could by listing everything, and taking over 500 pictures so BAT could pick. It seems to look good but it just feels weird with the lack of serious comments. Most comments are non buyers. Few serious bidders, but how really does this car show to other im biased, its mine. Pisses me off that the other white one is listed against mine. The pictures are seriously done to avoid showing the things that would be a problem. Show little shots of undercarriage but avoid drivetrain. Built up grunge on left control arm but no clear shots. Dark shots to mask the scratches and stuff on the nose. Cut up strut towers. Love ACS but actually think the inside looks crappy. Documents on radiator replaced and a inspection that says refer to page 2 for condition but doest actually show second page.
                      But its s14 and s54 is a bastardized version, shit I hate this it was all I could do not to pull my car and say screw it. Sorry been sitting looking at the emails and following this now for 6 days and cant wait till its over. Sorry lonely day off and I am trying to do school work and was reading your posts and wanted to join in and vent. Hope you dont mind.
                      Don't worry man...all the action is going to happen in the last 30 minutes of your auction. I've seen them jump in 10+k in minutes.
                      COTM Aug 2019

Comment

The only thing I can say about BAT is it appears to have viewers from a global market. Contacts from Canada, UK and of coarse California and wanting to keep it there. Bar'd or register as a show car or track car done as not street-able. Its driving me crazy I just dont know how to work this out. Will it sell, will it do good or go plop like a POS. I like the car and tried to be as honest as I possible could by listing everything, and taking over 500 pictures so BAT could pick. It seems to look good but it just feels weird with the lack of serious comments. Most comments are non buyers. Few serious bidders, but how really does this car show to other im biased, its mine. Pisses me off that the other white one is listed against mine. The pictures are seriously done to avoid showing the things that would be a problem. Show little shots of undercarriage but avoid drivetrain. Built up grunge on left control arm but no clear shots. Dark shots to mask the scratches and stuff on the nose. Cut up strut towers. Love ACS but actually think the inside looks crappy. Documents on radiator replaced and a inspection that says refer to page 2 for condition but doest actually show second page.
                        But its s14 and s54 is a bastardized version, shit I hate this it was all I could do not to pull my car and say screw it. Sorry been sitting looking at the emails and following this now for 6 days and cant wait till its over. Sorry lonely day off and I am trying to do school work and was reading your posts and wanted to join in and vent. Hope you dont mind.
                        If you don't mind sharing....what's your reserve set for?

Comment

There’s a nice e36 M3 up. Has anyone ever removed the plastic headlight covers? I think maybe it would look better without them?
                          My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
                          I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

Im going to keep that one close to the chest, but Ill give you a hint. Exactly as much as my school will cost for NP. Not cheap but less than I have into her. Fair, but at a loss, unless Im luck and two guys that did really good on bitcoins or Amazon want a really fun car. Wish I could let you sit in her or drive it really makes a smile. The plate has Happy Faces for a reason. If I make more than school every cent goes into getting my ACS up and I will be buried in her. I hope to have her in 1-2 years in the Washington E30 gathering and hope to drive her the whole way there and back. But might chicken out and do a trailer.
                            Good luck today!
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              That S52 car is a members car. Pretty sure he has had it here for ~$25k
                              I would be surprised if it reached 25k.

Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha View Post
                              If you don't mind sharing....what's your reserve set for?
                              Seller cannot reveal the reserve until auction is over.
                              Current:
                              1989 325i
                              1988 M3
                              1987 325ic
                              Past:
                              2001 330ci
                              2001 M3

Comment

I'm starting to wonder if these BAT people know what an s54 is... Recently we've seen s52 e30's go for 18-20k on BAT right? I would think the M3 + s54 factor should really boost the price. Unless as you say most of these people are looking at e30m3's as an investment which sort of bums me out.
                                COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Working...
                                X