No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dude that mazda seems like a horror story. I feel like I'm always reading about how fucked up it is

SELL IT! Seems like you would be doing yourself a favor if you did.
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Test its safety features... crash it into a Prius. Win Win
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

My wife killed a "ride share" Prius last year in her company's minivan. The guy ran a stopsign on a steep hill, and she crushed the B pillar in and pushed him down the slope halfway to the next side street.

I told her I was proud of her.
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

The mazda has one year of safety inspection left, so it would be a good time to ditch it. On one hand, I'd like to just ditch it once the brake line is fixed, but on the other, I'd like to fix the vibration/noise before I sell it so it actually drives nice and I can sell it for more.

Then again, if I fix it and it drives nice, I may as well just keep it?
          Originally posted by priapism
          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
          Originally posted by shameson
          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Apparently Ford isn't going to make cars anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
              Apparently Ford isn't going to make cars anymore.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/26/ford...ar-behind.html
              ...'cause nobody's buying them
              Makes sense to me

"By 2022, almost 73 percent of all consumer vehicle sales in the United States are expected to be utility vehicles of some sort, and about 27 percent will be cars, according to auto industry forecasting firm LMC Automotive.

By that same time, LMC automotive expects 84 percent of GM's U.S. sales volume will be SUVs, crossover and trucks. Ford will be at 90 percent, and Chrysler at 97 percent."
              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                Makes sense to me

"By 2022, almost 73 percent of all consumer vehicle sales in the United States are expected to be utility vehicles of some sort, and about 27 percent will be cars, according to auto industry forecasting firm LMC Automotive.

By that same time, LMC automotive expects 84 percent of GM's U.S. sales volume will be SUVs, crossover and trucks. Ford will be at 90 percent, and Chrysler at 97 percent."
                It's neat how markets must never change, especially considering a nearly 5 year cycle, supply influences (like the cost of the chemical fuel for the vehicles, or say raw material prices), stylistic changes, local economic influences, and new tech clearly can't influence buying habits.

At least I feel that's how some people must think. I mean, what could go wrong, and how could the economy do anything other than grow so that people want increasingly larger vehicles?

Also, apparently fuck the planet, because smaller cars must somehow pollute more while simultaneously being more expensive to produce.

All that, or companies are just trying to be more immediately profitable while forsaking long term stability and ability to adapt to market changes.

Comment

So, it's official. It was sabotage. Someone poured a handful of oil dry or something similar into my motor. It was clogging the pickup and that's what starved my motor... $4600 for the rebuild. I gotta file a police report when I get home for the vandalism claim through insurance. I know they'll never find who did it. Since it's a small town, I thought about offering a reward to anyone who can turn the person in with undeniable evidence. I'm sure I can get the right name, but without video proof, it'd just be hearsay.
                  88 325i Cabrio
                  04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                  If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Well, if you at least get their name, you'll know who to watch out for. How would they get access to do that? The hood would have to be open, no? And if the car is locked, they shouldn't be able to do that.

Comment

It must've been a rare time and they decided to seize the opportunity. Some sick people in this world...
                      88 325i Cabrio
                      04 Neon SRT-4

If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                        Makes sense to me

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                        It's neat how markets must never change, especially considering a nearly 5 year cycle, supply influences (like the cost of the chemical fuel for the vehicles, or say raw material prices), stylistic changes, local economic influences, and new tech clearly can't influence buying habits.

At least I feel that's how some people must think. I mean, what could go wrong, and how could the economy do anything other than grow so that people want increasingly larger vehicles?

Also, apparently fuck the planet, because smaller cars must somehow pollute more while simultaneously being more expensive to produce.

All that, or companies are just trying to be more immediately profitable while forsaking long term stability and ability to adapt to market changes.

Not that I pay much attention to these things, but I just found it surprising that so few people buy Ford sedans that they're going to stop making them entirely. And of course, I also don't like the trend towards bigger cars, and fewer manual transmission options. I think I read an article a while back that there are something like 50 models you can buy in a stick in the US. I'll have to look that up again. After shopping for cars for my mom last year though, I believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by supermansocks95 View Post
                          It must've been a rare time and they decided to seize the opportunity. Some sick people in this world...
                          Seems like damn good luck for them if they somehow managed to notice your car unlocked, and happened to be in such a situation that they could pull off such a thing. Any angry exes? I dunno dude, but I'd put some effort into finding out who it was.

Comment

Seems like damn good luck for them if they somehow managed to notice your car unlocked, and happened to be in such a situation that they could pull off such a thing. Any angry exes? I dunno dude, but I'd put some effort into finding out who it was.
                            A lot of people hate my car because of how loud it is. Like A LOT. People always try to race me and I'm pretty sure more than a few probably hate ME. I've heard the people diagonal from where I just moved from HATE my car and one dude down the street from that same place doesn't like me because I called him out on something on social media. It started knocking at that place, so I think it's someone local to that area.
                            88 325i Cabrio
                            04 Neon SRT-4

Comment

I'm just gonna throw this out there - if your car is loud enough that that many people hate (!) you because of how loud your car is, maybe you should put a quieter exhaust on it as a courtesy to those around you who have to listen to it.

Comment

I'm just gonna throw this out there - if your car is loud enough that that many people hate (!) you because of how loud your car is, maybe you should put a quieter exhaust on it as a courtesy to those around you who have to listen to it.
                                There's not really much of a way I can do that without choking the shit out of it. Plus, if it came from the factory like that, and there are tons of straight-piped trucks around here, they can just deal with it. These cars were loud as shit straight from the factory I wanted a Thermal brand exhaust that'd quiet it down a tiny bit, but it's $800. Even then, it'd still be loud as hell.
                                88 325i Cabrio
                                04 Neon SRT-4

Comment

Working...
                                X