A Jap content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That r34 is a V-Spec Nur? Fuck.

Also, r33 is my favorite Skyline, looks like a Silvia on steroids, proper like, all sorts of family style.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
      That r34 is a V-Spec Nur? Fuck.

Also, r33 is my favorite Skyline, looks like a Silvia on steroids, proper like, all sorts of family style.
      WTF is family style?

You damn kids...
      2011 1M Alpine white/black
      1996 Civic white/black
      1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Family style was me using words to imply that two cars share a familial style or design approach.

Comment

Oh ok, no wonder a google search led to a bunch of pictures of buffets.
          1996 Civic white/black
          1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

^smh.

Have you had your coffee yet?

Comment

No. And, I'm hung over. And, I lost my cummerbund.
              1996 Civic white/black
              1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Originally posted by einhander View Post
                No. And, I'm hung over. And, I lost my cummerbund.
                I hope you at least got a BJ from one of the Bridesmaids.

Comment

Taking appart some stuff to do the major service and already trying to figure out how to make the stock airbox swallow more aire from just not the snorkel..already found a sealed side snorkel that I will modify from the self airbox (reserved for other models perhaps)

Found a nice oil cooler kit as well.

Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

beyond jealous!
                    sigpic

Comment

Took off the rear LSD to have a inspect and found some "mudish" grease/oil plus some water/rust sports...cleaned it all and installed it back.

Took down the transmission to inspect a little, but weird noise from the clutch and also to see what was in there...curious was killing me to find out.

Great surprise! NISMO Super Coppermix TWIN plate that hold a tad over of 700HP and it is absolutly friendly on the street/traffic! looks almost new. The previous Jap owner sure was a NISMO nuts...

Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Brian O'conner would be proud.

Comment

Thought to update a bit this thread with some progress we have made to get back the Skyline on the road properly done the conversion to LHD since the crappy job made on the border line to get the car in the country was a quick, cheap job...they never took off the engine, welded pipes, they didn't seal correctly the firewall holes and what not. ALso the left frame rail had some small holes, to get the steering shaft pass nex to it, but I fixed it and if OK now.

Steering rack is the OEM of the R33 GT-R so I still conserve the original lock-to-lock steering ratio :D

On the photos...

Then we had to convert the wiper arms to LHD so we copied the right wiper arm base on the left side and also we did open a new window to get access.

Then I added a firewall aluminum, self adhesive heatshield and painted it black to avoid getting the aluminum color shine from there.

We also started to make the stainless steel brake/clutch lines and it ended up pretty good...quite difficult job and calculate the bends and angles to bed the tubes...if one mistake was done almost finishing the last bend, then you need to it all over again

As you may notice, you have to move all from one side to the other, even the wiring loom had to be either, extended or totally modified to get the different system correctly placed. The ABS wasn't installed per requirement of previous owner (perhaps he did want to save some $$$ in the conversion plus he knew it wasn't going to be a good job at the end and decided to install it back by himself...) so we had to modify the original base and, well make new whole brake/clutch pipes again.

And two from the nasty interior, all adapted..oh well even the H-VAC had to be sourced from a RHD Nissan 300ZX from a friend, found out that the servo motors connectors were the same as my wiring loom, hence the original H-VAC "digital" module could still work and it did, but I had to delete the recirculation option so I decided to keep that in recirculated mode all the time.

Fitting/adapting the steering shaft boot....

More to come

-Diego

Comment

subscribed, this is interesting.

Comment

Lovely looking beast but it looks like they butchered the LHD conversion a tad. Good to see you fixing it up. Makes me glad that I live in a RHD country - never driven LHD and it'd drive me nuts :)
                              '90 BMW E30 318is
                              '99 Honda DC2R

Comment

I wonder how hard it would be to get an R20 or R27?

Comment

Working...
                                X