BMW E30 Build, Melbourne, Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About 4 months ago I decided that it was time to add another e30 to my collection. I knew exactly what I wanted and wasn't going to settle for anything less. I wasn't in a position to buy one straightaway, saying this id still look every day at new listing on ebay and gumtree.

The time came when I had the funds to start seriously looking so the feelers went out.

I came across a few S1 coupes and sedans but nothing that really interested me. I was then contacted by a guy in Ballarat who said he may have something of interest, emails where exchanged and it turned out he was coming my way and could bring the e30.

After further inspection and a close up look, there was no rust or major paint fade. However there were a few spots where it looked like someone had tried to repair dints with a nail punch :/

A few more dints here and there but nothing a new bumper or panel wouldn't fix.

The interior is pretty clean also but may have plans for that down the track.

After having a look and taking way to long to decide, I contacted the owner a few weeks later and sorted out a pick up date.

Nick

Time to pick up

The day came to hook up the trailer and head to Ballarat. The car drives fine but it was father’s day and I had an issue finding someone that could drive my car back while I drove the e30.

Perfect day for a drive so the misses came along to keep me company, she ended up sleeping 80% of the way though, but wasn’t complaining.

Loaded it up and headed back home.

Got it home and off the trailer. Now to put it under a cover and look into getting it club reg'd asap before the rules change.

Nick

Comment

This is my other e30, 89 320i Convertible

Comment

Nice looking cars, look forward to seeing what you do with the red one. What are the plans?

Also what's the go with club rego? I'm in Brisbane and need to get full rego for mine (picking it up this weekend).
        '90 318is

Comment

Club reg is only a Victorian based thing I'm pretty sure. Basically it's so you don't have to pay full reg as it's a second weekend car. For me it's $100 a year and I can only drive 90 days a year. Car must be 25 years or older and be in driving condition.

Future plans are respray once engines out, M5X engine swap, coil overs and nice set of wheels.

Comment

Few updates.

Pulled all the interior out and have it a good clean. Came up better than expecting so that's a positive.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411475937.546702.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	7169643

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411475958.711438.jpg
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	7169644

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411475978.128407.jpg
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	7169645

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411475993.313930.jpg
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	7169646

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411476009.211541.jpg
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	7169647

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bought a few goodies for the thirty

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411476091.961360.jpg
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	7169648

Ebc green stuff front and rear pads, now just need rotors but undecided what I want at this point.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411476150.945106.jpg
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	7169649

E36 328i steering rack, now to sort out linkages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Byrnnn; 09-27-2014, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Aussies out of the woodwork everywhere - I should really post up pics of the 318is I just picked up to replace the 325 in daily duties.

Love your 'vert and am looking forward to seeing what the new project turns out like.
                '90 BMW E30 318is
                '99 Honda DC2R

Comment

Originally posted by Pete_E30 View Post
                  Aussies out of the woodwork everywhere - I should really post up pics of the 318is I just picked up to replace the 325 in daily duties.

Love your 'vert and am looking forward to seeing what the new project turns out like.

Cheers mate, so am I 👍

Comment

Looks like a good start :)

About to start swapping out my 91 Auto Coupe to a 2.5 5 speed.

Comment

Get a Barina steering column link, they work perfect
                      We're out there in here.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDNUNTA View Post
                        Get a Barina steering column link, they work perfect

Any more details. Or model and years.

Have you got any photos?

Comment

XC model Barina, or RHD Vauxhall Corsa C. Can be picked up off ebay.co.uk relatively cheap if you can't find one at your local wreckers.

Once connected to the top part of an E30 knuckle it looks like..

Comment

So haven't updated for a while as I've been flat out with work and moving it into a factory. So I have finally found a donor car worth stripping. It's a manual 525i with the full cast block as at this stage it's looking like it will become turbo'd down the track.

Here's a few photos.

Comment

I have how ever been helping a mate build up his hybrid m50/m52 2.8L which is almost ready for his e30.

It's basically been fully reconditioned with fresh seals and gaskets all round.

It's a M52 328i block and head with M50 intake manifold, cams, and loom.

Been a fun little project and I'm fairly keen to start mine.

I may have bitten off more than I can chew as I'm also about to start a M60B40 conversion into my convertible.

Comment

Working...
                              X