Burgy the Eta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
    Congrats on getting it running and I'd definitely adjust those valves before I did anything else
    Yep I plan to check and adjust if needed. Sounds like more of a knock, which could be something causing low oil pressure - i.e. pump is worn.

Comment

Eta ...yes!

Comment

Valves were within spec. Adjusted throttle body to raise idle...at 8-900 rpms the bad noise goes away.

Get the drivers cv rebooted and installed and she is ready for a rip around the hood!

Comment

CV installed, went to try to drive and clutch was frozen to flywheel. Figured out how to "unstuck" it and took her for a drive. Seriously down on power, but at least she is running. Need to start rebuilding the other eta and 731 combo.

Disassembled the euro bumpers. Need to order some new fasteners and clips, but they cleaned up well. Have some rust on the back sides, will grind and treat with Eastwood enscapsulator before reassembly.

Comment

Well determined that since car was essentially gutless that somethin' was up (plus it didn't sound right). Figured out quickly that 3 fuel injectors were DOA. Found a fresh eta at the pullapart this weekend and liberated its fuel injectors (car was marked as running/driving). Popped in the new injectors and ta-da, she starts, idles and revs beautifully.

Ordered a brake light switch so I can get the brake lights to function (switch was missing), then I can title and register the car and actually start driving it.

Ordered some Eastwood rust encapsulator so hope to have the bumpers put back together and on car. Debating whether to bother trying to get front running lights functional (through turn signals or upgraded lights with city lights) or just running turn signals as signals only.

Also have almost all parts for the 2.7i swap. Convinced myself to just upgrade to later Motronic. First will get 731 head refreshed, then pull out old eta wiring, intake, etc. and upgrade. Going to run a compression check on the existing engine. If it checks out okay I'll just pop the new head onto the existing bottom end.

Definite Getrag rattle from the gearbox...oh well.

Comment

Euro bumpers cleaned up and sealed. Getting close to registration time.

Rear bumper mounts are on...just need to remove to add moulding and reinstall (and bolt the ends in place of course).

Comment

Had front bumper brackets upside down. Adjusted those and finished up rear bumper.

Tomorrow will paint grill and front lip plus try to figure out why turn signals are not working.

Comment

Wow - nice transformation, even if it makes me sad because my Burgandrot eta got rear-ended.
                  '90 BMW E30 318is
                  '99 Honda DC2R

Comment

Looking great, man! Good inspiration for me to finish up my Burgundrot car. What's next for yours after the turn signal issue?
                    Originally posted by LJ851
                    kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
                    ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
                    #teamross
                    Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

Originally posted by kingston View Post
                      Looking great, man! Good inspiration for me to finish up my Burgundrot car. What's next for yours after the turn signal issue?
                      Need to fix a few small rust spots in the passenger's floor, then POR15 and install rest of interior - carpet, console, rear seat, door panels, etc. The trunk needs a new spare well and battery box repair, but that can wait. Just want to get the car registered and drive it.

Ultimately this will be 2.7i with 731 rebuilt head. I have all parts to do this, just going to take my time. Have a nice dash, and when we put that in I plan to rebuild the A/C system. Oh...and car definitely needs some body work and paint.

Comment

Well I got around to registering and getting plates. Turn signal was just a bad bulb. I grew tired of the noisy gearbox, so swapped it out along with a new clutch kit. The right IE camber plate started clunking real bad, so I removed the pair and replaced them with new strut bearings and the original drop hats (it had E90 hats on it).

The car is amazingly tight, and pretty rattle free. I am still running without most of the interior so it is a bit noisy. Has a slight driveline vibration, but other than that it is great. Steering feels good too in spite of the fact that it is the original E30 rack (turn, then turn some more, then a little bit more).

Washed her up, popped on the Hartge caps and took a few pics. These are totally misleading as the car really needs quite a bit of bodywork and the paint is shot.

Up next I need to cannibalize a trunk, battery box and some interior patches to attack the rust. I am going to try to convince a friend who does great paint and body work to help me out.

I really love this color!

Remember she started like this:

Comment

I am so jealous of your wheels and euro bumper!

Comment

Awesome, looking good.
                            84 325e Burgundrot S52 M Tech 1.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=250109

Comment

Nice job! Car looks great and your changes to it made a huge difference.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Okay so we have some more progress. Had my buddy Steve fix the rust issues - he replaced the spare tire well, fixed battery tray rust, fixed the crunched rear valence (right under tow hook next to battery) and welded in patches inside the passenger's side floor.

Rear valence/battery box (refer to bottom pic on post 22 for reference of before)

Trunk

That allowed me and my other buddy Adam to tackle the interior (well...Adam did most of the work). We replaced the dash with a fairly crack free one and installed the carpets and center console/shifter stuff. While we were at it we replaced the heater valve and heater core since I had a bit of a coolant leak inside. I finished up with the door panels and installing the remainder of the stereo. Ignore the fact that the head unit is not flush...I want to open it up one more time and blow out the inside as I have just a tiny bit of static left (It is an old school Alpine cassette deck, and I also have an old school Alpine CD changer that is going in the trunk...don't hate on me I'm old).

I repainted the carpets before putting them in...came out pretty nice.

We'll have Steve paint the car in early Summer, and update the A/C and then we'll be all done. I am on the fence about doing the 2.7i upgrade (I have everything to do it) just because the car runs so well and I just bought this to satisfy upper RPM power needs. The ETA motor is great for tooling around town!

Comment

Working...
                                X