Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    so no tramp stamp?...
    No, but he did spend a bunch of money by switching to a G260...

Comment

Originally posted by CMBusch View Post
      Damn. Estimated power numbers?

Took it to the chassis dyno today. It made 246whp/250wtq....at 4500 rpm lol. Started starving for fuel after that, couldn't wind it up to 7200 (most 24v start dropping power after ~6500-7k). Pretty sure the owner's fuel system is botched, added 25% fuel after 4000 in the ECU and it didn't get any richer. I feel confident the original estimate will be close based on today's dyno graph. We are scheduled to go back on the rollers on Monday. The s54 swapped e30 is back in the shop for some upgrades and the e36 definitely feels much quicker. Even though it's a stripped/caged race car, it weighs in at 2850 which is very similar to the 318is with an s54.
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

so no tramp stamp?...

The pot only got to like $70 lol I came up with the $ faster. I’m sure there will be more opportunities to humiliate me in the future. I mean i would prob do some messed up shit for some coil overs haha? Style 5s maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
          No, but he did spend a bunch of money by switching to a G260...

It was a bunch. -550 [emoji20] I’m gonna lose some weight this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Beamerboi View Post
            The pot only got to like $70 lol I came up with the $ faster. I’m sure there will be more opportunities to humiliate me in the future. I mean i would prob do some messed up shit for some coil overs haha? Style 5s maybe?

Never underestimate r3vs fundraising abilities. You weren’t committing , when you’re ready, we’ll be ready
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Never underestimate r3vs fundraising abilities. You weren’t committing , when you’re ready, we’ll be ready

Honestly I was getting pretty nervous. There’s no motivation like saving your ass...literally. I got that g260 in record time. I really don’t know how any of this works I just figured if the numbers got high enough I wouldn’t back down but the truth is I didn’t want them to go up. I mean it’s not like many would see a tramp stamp but damn that’s still pretty extreme. It would have been the craziest shit I’ve ever done. Anyway I got the tranny with out having to get a tranny banging a tranny tat so for that I thank you all!

Comment

Accurate.
                Originally posted by kronus
                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by Beamerboi View Post
                  Hell yes that is awesome! I tried to make a build thread but I’m still new to this so I’m like posting pics with Brief descriptions/captions like it’s instagram. Turns out that a build thread should be a little more elegantly presented. I got one guy asking what I’m trying to achieve by posting random pics lol. So yes got a little self conscious about the whole thing. I’m heading to LA to pick up my g260 tonight I got the dude to go down to $550 it’s all tested and ready to go!! I will be broke for a week but am going to be one step closer to bringing this lil beast back to life!! I’ll post some pics when I get it! But yes as far as threads I think for now I belong here In the non sense.

Thanks! Yeah, at least you're keeping the off topic thread somewhat relevant.

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                  Took it to the chassis dyno today. It made 246whp/250wtq....at 4500 rpm lol. Started starving for fuel after that, couldn't wind it up to 7200 (most 24v start dropping power after ~6500-7k). Pretty sure the owner's fuel system is botched, added 25% fuel after 4000 in the ECU and it didn't get any richer. I feel confident the original estimate will be close based on today's dyno graph. We are scheduled to go back on the rollers on Monday. The s54 swapped e30 is back in the shop for some upgrades and the e36 definitely feels much quicker. Even though it's a stripped/caged race car, it weighs in at 2850 which is very similar to the 318is with an s54.
                  Yeah, makes sense. I guess if it has an old pump and/old filter that wouldn't help. What are they going to do to fix it? I'm assuming it's quite frustrating to tune a car that still has it's fair share of issues.

Is there a difference in transmissions/gear ratios?
                  Originally posted by Melon
                  Engine work takes patience and finesse.

Suspension work takes anger, a big fucking hammer, and a torch.

Comment

When you take the diff mount bolt out.
                    does the diff drop/angles down allot or like not really?

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                      When you take the diff mount bolt out.
                      does the diff drop/angles down allot or like not really?
                      What kind of subframe bushings do you have?
                      My previous build (currently E30-less)
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

A weird place to post this, but does anyone know the generic part numbers for C101/X20 pins from digikey, mouser, etc?

I have the BMW PNs, but I'm looking to set up 3 interchangeable harnesses for an FSAE car to be interchangable, and I can't justify pitching them as an option at $1~$1.50 per pin(+/- USD/CAD conversion).
                        Originally posted by priapism
                        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                        Originally posted by shameson
                        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

+1 for that info

Comment

I just had a horrible nightmare. Somehow i'd come into possession of a zinno e30 m3 for really cheap. The paint was faded so I decided to have it professionally resprayed, and for some reason in some awful bassboat style black/orange metallic. I went to visit the body shop and it turns out all they were doing was painting big sheets of newsprint and then sticking them to the car. And the bodyshop wasn't even a shop, just some building that was being framed. There was dust and crap that had gotten in the paint which they said was my job to wet sand out because they had pretty much abandoned the project at that point. For some reason I wasn't even mad, just regretting that I didn't try to have the original paint professionally buffed and polished.
                            My Feedback

Comment

^hahaha
                              1990 325is
                              m52b28
                              3.73lsd
                              g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

that dream means you regret not having a better relationship with your father

Comment

Working...
                                X