X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This looks great!

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post

Comment

Quick question about lenses Im having trouble finding answers to. I use a crop sensor camera and Im trying to decided on a lens. I thought I picked one out but Im not convinced. I understand using a full frame lens will convert them on a crop sensor so the 18-300 would be 27-450. Now if the lens is listed as a DX one will it still get a crop factor on a crop camera or is its listed numbers be how it would show up as.

Hopefully that makes sense. And here's a few old pictures I got in Baltimore in the fall.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

I am a canon guy (that does not have any EF-S glass) so I cant say for certain but I would think a lens designed specifically for a crop sensor camera that will not also work on a FF rig. That the focal length would be as stated and not subject to the crop factor variance
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
          Now if the lens is listed as a DX one will it still get a crop factor on a crop camera or is its listed numbers be how it would show up as.
          If you're using a DX lens on a crop (DX) body, it will show up as advertised. When you change up the combo (flipping either way) things can change as I believe you understand. However, you can put a FF camera into crop mode usually but why downgrade?

Simple test shots showing difference:

Do some more research on the lens you want + your camera, or don't buy any expensive DX lenses if you want to eventually go FX (full frame). I personally wouldn't, I like primes, so when I switched to FF, I didn't have any unneeded DX lenses hanging around.

Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

This is Photography

I want to get back into taking photos! When I got my license, and got really into cars, I began to go out and shoot less and less. Maybe I can take my FM2 out to my next car event. I'm not the best photographer, but I enjoy shooting.

Here are a couple photos I have on hand:

I'll start with the car one. At a local SCCA rallyX of a 02/03 bug eye WRX Wagon.

Here is what I used:
            Ilford HP5 400 35mm
            Pentax k1000
            Pentax f/2 50mm
            Tripod (can't remember details on it)
            It was a sunny day with a lot of light. I would crop it closer to the car if I where printing it. I had the lens closed down slightly with a quick shutter speed.

I also enjoy street photography. My schools photo teacher seemed to really like this one.

Ilford HP5 400 35mm
            Nikon F3
            Nikkor f/1.8 50mm
            I had the lens wide open at 1/60 of a sec I believe. The area was lit pretty decently and Ilford HP5 seems to handle low light.

Some people hate my photos and some people love them, weird. Anyone on here still shoot with classic cameras? I had to sell most of mine for car parts, including my beloved mint Nikon F (regret selling that big time), but am keeping my AE1, K1000, SRT101, FM, FM2, and F3.
            Last edited by Griff_; 02-20-2016, 10:55 PM.

Comment

The Verge is about technology and how it makes us feel. Founded in 2011, we offer our audience everything from breaking news to reviews to award-winning features and investigations, on our site, in video, and in podcasts.

So uhhh, yeah guys RIP in pieces flickr.

Time for someone else to step up... Now to download all my photos from flickr to put onto a spare drive...

To 500px I go!
              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
              willschnitz

Comment

UMMMM key words right here

[quote=link] the ability to automatically upload photos from your hard drive, Flickr is removing the feature from free accounts.

bolded for the point

I read that as Flickr is making the auto upload tool from a paid service, you know the one that as soon as you take a pic of something the app uploads it.... IF you use Flickr as your primary storage of images I can see how this might piss you off. but for the lions share of it seems like Flickr caters too (high quality good photo hosting that the user is selective about the photos they post) its not going to be any skin off their backs. This is flickr just not trying to be instagram anymore
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

[QUOTE=mrsleeve;4593728]UMMMM key words right here

Originally posted by link
                  the ability to automatically upload photos from your hard drive, Flickr is removing the feature from free accounts.

bolded for the point

I read that as Flickr is making the auto upload tool from a paid service, you know the one that as soon as you take a pic of something the app uploads it.... IF you use Flickr as your primary storage of images I can see how this might piss you off. but for the lions share of it seems like Flickr caters too (high quality good photo hosting that the user is selective about the photos they post) its not going to be any skin off their backs. This is flickr just not trying to be instagram anymore
                  From whats said on reddit its the whole desktop app that is paid, the online uploadr is free.

Both are trash but the desktop one was faster then web upload.

Either way Ive been getting sick of the direction yahoo has taken flickr, the free TB was nice as a reparation for making me memorize another damn account. But the uploader quality has gone super downhill, often it takes multiple tries to upload stuff.
                  1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                  willschnitz

Comment

went too the zoo the other day

IMG_7641 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

William Pitt-

Comment

^thats cool. do you know what aperture you used? for pics like that, i usually try to open the lens as far as it will go to blur the background and foreground.

when i used to shoot 35mm film, i had some nice lenses a tokina 80-200 f2.8 and a tamron 300 f2.8. the tokina was sold. i still have the 300mm but it went under water during hurricane ike in 2008. its nothing but a paper weight now days. i miss those lenses.
                      sigpic
                      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

F6.3 @ 483mm with a Tamron 150-600 on my 6D

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Griff_ View Post
                          I also enjoy street photography. My schools photo teacher seemed to really like this one.

Ilford HP5 400 35mm
                          Nikon F3
                          Nikkor f/1.8 50mm
                          I really like this one as well. Lady on the right completes the image.

Just got my hands on a Leica 50/1.4; will have to post some photos after I get the adapter to mate it to the 5D.
                          Bronzit beige 1986 325es
                          Burgundrot 1986 325e

Comment

Originally posted by M20 View Post
                            I really like this one as well. Lady on the right completes the image.

Just got my hands on a Leica 50/1.4; will have to post some photos after I get the adapter to mate it to the 5D.
                            how the fuck do you have that user name with a join date of 2016 my mind is completely blown.

Comment

Some people just need to say no to HDR.
                              Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

Been traveling a bit lately

1987 325is - S52

Comment

Working...
                                X