Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally upgraded from my D3100...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Hey, you stole my idea!
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
        Hey, you stole my idea!
        :finger:

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post

I don't trust anyone with such a clean desk. ;) (half kidding)
          Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Dude this is awesome. Sony definitely is tempting but I cant see myself spending the money to switch. Youll have to keep us updated on your thoughts.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Well given Nikon and Olympus have been buying sony sensors for a while now they have the tech. They are a real contender now a days for sure..... I have considered it but have too much in what I have....
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

I had no reason not to switch. Since I wanted to go full frame I would have had to buy new lenses either way. I love how this A7 is smaller and lighter than my D3100 was.

Comment

Now ruin that by buying a huge dong of a 24-70MM
                  willschnitz

Comment

Any Magic Lantern fans here? I'm really loving the focus peeking when shooting untethered.
                    Originally posted by Matt-B
                    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Is a Minolta XG7 worth anything? I've got one sitting here, and I have no need for it.

Comment

^
                        Depending on the glass you have for it, some of that old Rokkor stuff is fantastic for the what its value is now and can be adapted to shoot on some modern systems. You can likely get a a fair price for it from a photography student. 50 to 80 bucks for the body alone if its in really good shape.
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

Cosmetically, it doesn't look like it's in good shape. No idea if it works, or how well. It's one of the cameras I found when cleaning out my grandparent's things.

Lens says Rokkor-X 1:1.4 f=50mm.

Along with that camera there is also have a Yashica U-Matic and some Polaroid thing. I'm guessing they're all 60s vintage.

Comment

I had no reason not to switch. Since I wanted to go full frame I would have had to buy new lenses either way. I love how this A7 is smaller and lighter than my D3100 was.
                            I'm not sure if smaller and lighter is a good thing. I've found with both my D7000 and D600 the bodies are too small, and they cause my hand to cramp. I had to go buy a battery grip for the D600 because after shooting for more than an hour, I got to the point where I couldn't hold the camera anymore. A few other people I know have had the same issue.

Also, by going with a Sony body, you are kinda stuck with either Sony or Minolta lenses. Not that they are bad, but they are limited. There are a few 3rd party lenses out there, but they may or may not be fully compatible a few years down the road. While both Sigma and Tokina can make some really good glass, the firmware on the camera won't necessarily be happy with said lens. Also, some of the older Minolta lenses won't work with the Sony body. From my standpoint, buying a Sony body is a bit of a risk considering the potential compatibility issues.

Congratulations on buying the new body. I hope it serves you well. Sony makes good stuff.

Will
                            '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                            '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                            '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                            '88 BMW M3

Comment

Meh if you really want to meme about glass you cant ignore how decently metabones adapter works. I do agree though, its my only hesitation point cause canon has football fields worth of glass history.

But the Sigma Art lineup coming out is tipping me over the edge, ghetto fabbed canon conversions or not.

Plus I've rented the A7II and 35mm 1.4T Zeiss lens for break, and im kind of in love.
                              willschnitz

Comment

I did a little long exposure daylight work this afternoon. These 3 were all between 1 and 2 min exposures.

This was not a long exposure, but still pretty cool. Its a Kite (the bird) that came cruising through.

Will
                                '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                                '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                                '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                                '88 BMW M3

Comment

Working...
                                X