help from early e30 swap guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help from early e30 swap guys

well, progress has been small but good. have the s50 on a stand, cleaned out and painted my engine bay, and my oil pan, booster, mounting parts ect. are on the way. but i do have some questions before i lay down the rest of my money...

my car is an 84 318, i havent found much relating to the s50 swap for the earlier e30s, i know the wiring will be different since i dont have the c101 connector and there is also question about the coolant reservoir tank modification. anyone have any details about this? anyone know of a write up for the early e30s? any other details that might help me out?

trying to get this swap done in the next few months. got a lot of work to do, and a lot of parts to buy. thanks,
    r3v has been the best source of info out there wish me luck

preperation so far:

You're going to have to convert the cooling system over to the later style. So the later radiator style and coolant reservoir on the driver's side. PM me with your email and tomorrow I can send you the wiring I did on my 85.
    Eric
    85 325e M50 and auto to manual transmission conversion...

Comment

if you need a radiator and a reservoir send me a pm, i can get both for you..........
      My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
      There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Working...
      X