Zionsville Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zionsville Kits

WHat do you guys think of them. I am doing an S50 swap this summer, and these are looking much easier than just sourcing all the parts individually.

Specifically:

-The engine mounting kit
    -The transmission kit
    -Exhaust Kit
    -Diff (this I will probably source locally)

and since my power steering is out:

I you recommend sourcing do you know an local yards to me, south OC?

Thanks
    -Devon-
    Hemingway said it best. “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Help a brother out, buy your detailing products here...

They aren't cheap, but they sell good stuff & if your hourly time is worth more than the cost offset - do it. They are quite reputable & know their stuff - you can do a lot worse than dealing with them.

Dealing with them is like going to a good parts store VS. a place where you get the wrong stuff and keep going back again & again. If you value your time, Dwight will get you exactly what you need - the 1st time.

I've dealt with them plenty, and I have nothing but good to say about them.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

i dont see what you would need to pay so much for, unless you dont know what youre doing? the stock s50 arms will work, you order m5 mounts, engine is now mounted. the getrag 260 bolts up. blah blah blah, id say search more and use less pre made overpriced stuff.

im waiting for mot to chime in about the wiring adapter

Comment

I was told my transmission wouldnt bolt up, IE its not getrag 260, getrag 240 I believe. I have an M42 318iC.

I know that I should find all the parts myself, and that I shouldnt be a lazy ass, but this would be so much easier.

I do have a friend, who is helpin me with the swap, and works at a BMW service center, I guess Ill just bug him about parts too.
        Hemingway said it best. “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Comment

Ah my bad i didnt notice you have a 318.

Comment

Originally posted by smonkbmw View Post
            i dont see what you would need to pay so much for, unless you dont know what youre doing? the stock s50 arms will work, you order m5 mounts, engine is now mounted. the getrag 260 bolts up. blah blah blah, id say search more and use less pre made overpriced stuff.

im waiting for mot to chime in about the wiring adapter
            Agreed they are a rip off and dicks on phone. Are they even a supporting vendor here? The guys at Treehouse were fantastic on their cust serv and I know two of the guys there post here. I say source you own shit and get the treehouse adapter.
            Originally posted by 325Projectz
            don't listen to the diagram... listen to mr. swiss.
            :nice:

Comment

My shop is right down the road from Zionsville Autosport and we have a GREAT relationship with them. They are great guys and really know their stuff. Dwight is the owner and he knows a LOT about things that can mis match to put on different bmw's and what not. especially old ones.

Will
              RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
              Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
              DaveCN = Old Man
              My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
              If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Really the Project Orca Engine Components isn't that bad of a deal. When I do another swap I'll probably buy it just because it will save time sourcing stuff. If you are worrying about every dollar realistically, a swap could be a PITA waiting for parts, etc.

OT - Devon, you win something at Bfest? I could have sworn I heard your username during the raffle.
                Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

yeah, I won some stuff for my e46. and a gift cert for jlevi.

So back to the swap stuff, if I dont want to spend the time sourcing parts, this is the way to go.

Thanks Guys
                  -Devon-

Comment

sourcings parts isn't very hard, all the info you need is here

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.SWISS View Post
                      Agreed they are a rip off and dicks on phone. Are they even a supporting vendor here? The guys at Treehouse were fantastic on their cust serv and I know two of the guys there post here. I say source you own shit and get the treehouse adapter.
                      Are you calling the same place I get when I dial them up? Dwight is as nice as can be, and I've never been on hold more than a couple minutes at most. They call promptly when they say they will, and if you don't like their prices - well, it's a free country.

What's up with the "dicks on the phone"? - If you got a real complaint, it would be interesting to hear, aside from that it seems to be generally accepted to bag on them and their products, but for no clear reason.

If I was going to bag on anyone, Ireland would be in line long ahead of Zionsville.

And FWIW, when I got an aluminum radiator from Treehouse, they had Dwight drop ship one from his place - so I think they are mutually cool with each other.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

Originally posted by LINUS View Post
                        Are you calling the same place I get when I dial them up? Dwight is as nice as can be, and I've never been on hold more than a couple minutes at most. They call promptly when they say they will, and if you don't like their prices - well, it's a free country.

What's up with the "dicks on the phone"? - If you got a real complaint, it would be interesting to hear, aside from that it seems to be generally accepted to bag on them and their products, but for no clear reason.

If I was going to bag on anyone, Ireland would be in line long ahead of Zionsville.

And FWIW, when I got an aluminum radiator from Treehouse, they had Dwight drop ship one from his place - so I think they are mutually cool with each other.
                        I don't know who it was that I talked with on the phone but I asked them a few basic q's about the swap and the wiring adapter they sell and he wouldn't answer any of my Q's and would only say buy the Orca CD And they sell and adapter but you wire it yourself following the instructions on the Orca CD. That's just lame.
                        Originally posted by 325Projectz
                        don't listen to the diagram... listen to mr. swiss.
                        :nice:

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.SWISS View Post
                          I don't know who it was that I talked with on the phone but I asked them a few basic q's about the swap and the wiring adapter they sell and he wouldn't answer any of my Q's and would only say buy the Orca CD And they sell and adapter but you wire it yourself following the instructions on the Orca CD. That's just lame.
                          I had the same experience after I called to inquire about their mounting kit. After seeing the Orca CD later, I have to say that I'm glad I didn't pay for it because it didn't answer my questions and included unnecessary steps that weren't relevant for my car.

Last time I offer to overpay someone for OE parts.
                          E30 Wiki: e30dohc.com/wiki

Comment

Why would they tell you everything about their cd and wiring stuff for free? lol its a business. They are in it to make money, just like every other business in the United States. Do you seriously think they are just going to tell you everything about the stuff they sell so that they can make less money, then have to close up shop, and not be able to help the community at all?

Will
                            RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
                            Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
                            DaveCN = Old Man
                            My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
                            If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaveyBassist View Post
                              Why would they tell you everything about their cd and wiring stuff for free? lol its a business. They are in it to make money, just like every other business in the United States. Do you seriously think they are just going to tell you everything about the stuff they sell so that they can make less money, then have to close up shop, and not be able to help the community at all?

Will
                              I've heard this justification many times. The funny part is, they would have made more money by answering my questions. If that's how they do business, fine, but they aren't getting any money by selling mystery products to me.
                              E30 Wiki: e30dohc.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                              X