Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In detail: 5x120 rear, using MZ3 rear trailing arms.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just made a spacer for the e30 sensor so it was the right distance off the ABS ring... pretty simple.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Jordan what did you use to change the front hub? I mean I see a nice write up of the rear conversion, what about the front? I would like to see it.

I was thinking to try to swapp just the hubs from a e36 in my e30, but I didn't have a chance to see if they will bolt directly or not, do you know if is possible?

Thanks
      Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Hi, i read about your Z3-M rear axle.

could you tell me if there are any problems with camber and toe when installing the Z3-M rear axle parts?

some people told me that the Z3-M part has different angle's than the E30 part. My BMW dealer couldn't tell me and since the swingarms are quite expensive i wouldn't like to buy them before i know if they really fit without problems with camber and toe-in.

from your pictures here i couldn't quite see if there are any differences.

hope you can help me with that...

Comment

The e30 and MZ3 rear trailing arms are dimentionally identical in every way that matters to an alignment machine.

The only real differences in the arm are the camber/toe renforcements, the 5lug hub, larger wheel bearing and of course massive brakes.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
          https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Jordan, I think I've asked you this before, but I've since forgotten...

Is this conversion possible only through the use of M Roadster/Coupe trailing arms, half shafts and differential flanges, or is it possible to use the regular Z3 Roadster/Coupe components in their place? Just thinking about it, I would imagine the Z3 trailing arms would be fine, but I'm not sure if the M's axle shafts and flanges are different.

Thanks!

Edit: Found the answer to the question in this thread, posts #5-6

Last edited by Slyder; 11-06-2005, 10:13 PM.
            - Jason

Comment

Working...
            X