No announcement yet.

Daily'ed Sedan build: 1986 325

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know if corbeau gts ii seats with corbeau brackets sit higher or lower than stock seats? I'm looking to get a set of matching bolstered cloth seats but prefer a somewhat lower seating position.
    1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
      Anyone know if corbeau gts ii seats with corbeau brackets sit higher or lower than stock seats? I'm looking to get a set of matching bolstered cloth seats but prefer a somewhat lower seating position.
      I'm pretty sure that they will sit lower. They also can shave the base and make them sit an inch lower than standard GTS II as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerguy91 View Post
        I'm pretty sure that they will sit lower. They also can shave the base and make them sit an inch lower than standard GTS II as well.

Sweet thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

I went to the Rolex event at Laguna Seca for Monterey Car week and saw some pretty rad bmw race cars:
          IMG_2151 by el_wormo, on Flickr

IMG_2203 by el_wormo, on Flickr

IMG_2246 by el_wormo, on Flickr

IMG_2256 by el_wormo, on Flickr

IMG_2257 by el_wormo, on Flickr

IMG_2259 by el_wormo, on Flickr

Alright more updates on the sedan:

Finally got around to swapping out the old subframe/sway bar/steering rack/control arms for new ones. Steering racks from a 99 e36 m3, control arms are lemforder. I had previously welded reinforcements onto a subframe I bought from a bmw shop in Palo Alto, CA. I used stock CABs although now I want to use e36 m3 solid rubber CABs for a bit crisper steering without going poly. Sway bar is ST to match the rear. I think I might want something beefier soon to eventually help manage the slightly heavier engine. (somewhat on the fence now about 24v or m30..I'll write more about that below)

Ran to harbor freight to grab an engine support bar the morning of because HF never sent the one I ordered (apparently it got damaged during shipping?). Here's the Front assembly once I disconnected everything and pried it off the car
          IMG_2300 by el_wormo, on Flickr

New stuff getting ready to go in:
          IMG_2299 by el_wormo, on Flickr

modified steering knuckle with poly guibo- I actually really like what this did for the steering feel. A bit more NVH but definitely worth it for a more direct feel:
          IMG_2301 by el_wormo, on Flickr

Had to get creative with the clamps to get my CAB's onto the CAs:
          IMG_2303 by el_wormo, on Flickr

The car feels about ten times better on the front end now. Corners much flatter and I dont have to shuffle my hands around nearly as much as I used to. I still kind of want a z3 rack though after driving my friends e36 m3 with one in it...maybe down the line I'll "toss one" in the sedan.

A week ago I had a midlife car crisis and was lusting after e28s until I realized I really just was lusting after the m30 engine. So now I'm kind of on the fence about which engine I want to put in the sedan. I like that the m30 is kind of an oddballish platform (also TORQUE). The fact that alpina used it also makes it cooler to me. But in terms of reliability and practicality I think an m52b28 as I had originally planned (already have a donor car available) still makes more sense. I plan on BARing this car so if anyone can shed some light on BARed m30 e30s versus m/s5x e30s, or can just compare the two swaps in general, that'd be great.
          1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

I'd call my first pick n pull run a success Hopefully these aren't seized.

1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

New bits!
              E32 master cyl for the front brakes.

1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Nice work! I thought about the Mazda brakes but wasnt sure how they would fit my wheels.
                Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                  Nice work! I thought about the Mazda brakes but wasnt sure how they would fit my wheels.

It’s funny you bump my thread mentioning that as it’s tiimmmmeee foooorrrr an update!

I got wheels! Finally! But they stick out a fair bit lol. I’ve been tinkering here and there replacing a few odds and ends but this is the only update I’ve photographed.

I’ve also changed routes. Will be swapping an m30 instead of an m52. I really prefer period correct swaps and things and feel way more stoked about the m30 powerplant. I also think they sound and look great.

Plastic bumper conversion was supposed to happen over a month ago but the valance and apron I bought from someone on here (not naming names just yet) still hasn’t arrived....two months later. It’s been an extremely frustrating ordeal full of excuses and delays. So the plastic bumpers I have are just waiting under my porch until I can get my hands on an apron and late model valence.

1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

i've got a late model valence hanging around - it's a bit bent though
                    cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                      i've got a late model valence hanging around - it's a bit bent though
                      rad. Shot you a text yesterday about it
                      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Many things to update about but I’ll just leave this here for now
                        Waiting on a gasket and just as luck would have it, I’ll be riding my bike to work in the rain.

1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Bought a donor car ;)

1996 328i manual sedan. Will be removing the engine and trans and maybe saving the shell for something silly.

also to update the on everything else really quickly: replaced fuel filter and out-of-tank pump, bypassed the leaking throttle body heater, switched back to rubber trailing arm bushings and put in a 3.15 torsen differential. Still need to put a new axle shaft in as my passenger side has a big ole tear in the cv boot and I'm pretty sure its just dry in there now. I have a set of new konis to go in and aaaalllssooo managed to snag a set of euro bumpers locally. Will be acquiring a euro valence in the next few weeks and painting it to match the faded lachssilber color, haha.
                          I had recently gotten a set of silver plastic bumpers to do the conversion but I much prefer euro bumpers on early models and the custom bodywork needed for plastics is kind of intimidating/not really worth it imo. So if anyone needs a set of lachs plastic bumpers, shocks, or late model turn signals I'm selling a set.

Last edited by wworm; 01-28-2018, 10:36 PM.
                          1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

I did an m52 swap in my e30 daily driver and love it, the torque is fantastic around town and the power is great for when I want to fly around some backroads. the swap isn't too difficult either, I did it in my garage when I was 17.
                            84 325e, Saphirblau Metallic/Houndstooth Sport, OBD-2 M52B28/ zf320

Comment

Originally posted by yngtmr View Post
                              I did an m52 swap in my e30 daily driver and love it, the torque is fantastic around town and the power is great for when I want to fly around some backroads. the swap isn't too difficult either, I did it in my garage when I was 17.
                              I'm very much looking forward to it. Currently trying to find out as much info as I can about single mass flywheel conversions so I can order a new clutch kit.

I also plan to do waterpump, spark plugs, rear main seal and other small maintenance items while the engines out.

I've already got an IE ssk with the correct dssr that I picked up from sherpaking a very long time ago, ix brake booster and proper motor mounts. Last thing I think I need to get other than clutch/engine maintenance things will be an m50 manifold and treehouse CABs to clear the stock headers for getting the car BARed.
                              1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Pros & Cons of the E36 - M rack? I just ordered one after finding a good price on it and getting tired of waiting for a Z3 rack
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X