No announcement yet.

picks of 5 lug rims on e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it also depends on how wide the wheels are. My et40's had to be rolled and pulled a tad to fit the 8.5" wide rim w/ 245's.
    ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
      that's because you're running 318ti trailing arms.

This is Z3 hubs:

you can see car resting on the tire with ET15.
      so z3 hubs require an even higher offset than the 318ti hubs? Interesting. I bought the car with the 5-lug so I didn't piece everything together.
      http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Originally posted by daniel View Post
        so z3 hubs require an even higher offset than the 318ti hubs? Interesting. I bought the car with the 5-lug so I didn't piece everything together.
        the m roadster yes. It is wider than the standard z3. So to fit them under a smaller body, you would have to use a higher offset. Or flairs :)
        ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Originally posted by asubimmer View Post
          the m roadster yes. It is wider than the standard z3. So to fit them under a smaller body, you would have to use a higher offset. Or flairs :)
          oh ok. i like the flair idea more. :)

Comment

NO, M-Roadster hubs won't go into e30 trailing arms... Bearings are bigger in every dimension. If there were custom bearings available in 45x75x37 size, then we'd be able to fit practically any BMW hubs into e30 trailing arms...

z3 hubs are only about 2-3 millimeters wider then 318ti ones, but ET15 still was a bit low...

List of hubs and rotors we'd be able to use if those bearings were available:
            E31
            E36 M3
            E38
            E46
            E52
            E60
            E63
            E64
            Z3 M Roadster/Coupe
            Last edited by Aptyp; 03-15-2009, 12:59 PM.

Comment

pic of mine:
              Rondell 8 and 9 X17

Comment

are those Et23 offset? I am looking at a set of E38 rims (those are from an e38 right?) , the 750 spoked 16's, and they have an Et23 offset which from what i have read, dont work on an E36/46. I also put one on the rear of an E46 and the wheel did stick out quite a bit.

either the 740 and 750 used different offsets or you did something custom to fit these? do you have an E30 M3 suspension or an e36 swap?

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer630 View Post
                  are those Et23 offset? I am looking at a set of E38 rims (those are from an e38 right?) , the 750 spoked 16's, and they have an Et23 offset which from what i have read, dont work on an E36/46. I also put one on the rear of an E46 and the wheel did stick out quite a bit.

either the 740 and 750 used different offsets or you did something custom to fit these? do you have an E30 M3 suspension or an e36 swap?
                  e36 swap. i have done nothing special to make them fit.

Comment

e36 swap. i have done nothing special to make them fit.
                    nothing special.. but i just reread this thread and you said earlier that you rolled the rear fender openings didnt you? and you have Ti rears? i dont think mine will work with Et23s.. shoot

Comment

i rolled fender on my parts car today... it allows me to have almost 1" of tire, so my wheels now fit :D

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
                        i rolled fender on my parts car today... it allows me to have almost 1" of tire, so my wheels now fit :D
                        what offset and what hubs?

also i was looking on ebay for fender rollers.. theres this guy who will rent one out for 60 bucks plus shipping, have it for 4 days. doesnt seem bad but if there was a forum member in northern ohio with this tool i would rather just pay him to get it done

Comment

buy one, then charge locals $40 a pop to use it

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer630 View Post
                            nothing special.. but i just reread this thread and you said earlier that you rolled the rear fender openings didnt you? and you have Ti rears? i dont think mine will work with Et23s.. shoot
                            the rears are somewhat rolled, and my car is also not scraping along the ground, therefore the wheels fit.

Comment

the rears are somewhat rolled, and my car is also not scraping along the ground, therefore the wheels fit.
                              So the 16" Style 5s clear your front E36 M3 brakes too? What size tires are you running?

Great info, Thanks.
                              Originally posted by BillBrasky
                              E36's are the Stephen Baldwin of the 3 series family. They barely hold everything together and they only sold a lot because of the popularity of their older sibling.
                              1991 318i Alpine II - S50/5-lug swapped - track car
                              1989 325i Cirrusblau - Daily
                              1970 2500 - Malaga over Grey Cloth
                              2012 F350 6.7PSD

Comment

ive been told a fender roller will usually break on a bmw cause the wheel arches are so strong (???)

Comment

Working...
                                X