What to do?? Free E30!!! now a 2 e30 owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do?? Free E30!!! now a 2 e30 owner

So earlier this year i totaled my e34 525i that was just a daily driver and bought for no other reason other than it was cheap, but after was able to find and buy this 86' 325es manual. And now i am totally in love with e30's!!!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	325es.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	7249534

Name:	325es back.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	7249535

Name:	325edash.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	7249536

Name:	325einterior.JPG
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	7249537

Name:	325eheadliner.JPG
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	7249538

I have been trying to take care of it and trying to decide what to do, thinking rebuild engine, chip it and try and get on top of rust, body work and paint and springs and make it look sick. But i found another e30 on craigslist for $free.99 and had to jump on it. I towed it over to my place two days ago and am trying to decide what to do with both cars now. Its an 88' 325i (automatic ) 4 door. The body is in okay shape with some dents but much less rust than my eta but the interior is trashed, but the engine is in great shape. I would like to fix it up and have two e30's (one for me, one for my wife) but other options would be. 2.7i engine build in my es since i have all required parts with my 1.3computer on my 88, and find another engine/trans(any, includind v8 swap) for the 4 door body. Swap engines and make the 4 door my fuel efficient automatic family car, and my manual with the i engine. Or just use it as a parts car and possibly even use some of the unrusted body panels and pieces cut out and welded into my eta body to make it super cherry, and buy another daily driver for my wife. Cost is paramount as i have a small income and have a young baby and cant spend almost any money on these vehicles. I'd love any advise or other options. I just became an e30 enthusiast this year and am loving every minute i get to drive one. i dont know how to add more pictures so there might be multiple posts.. haha
    sigpic
    86 eta (daily)
    89 325i (project)
    87 eta (parts)
    88 cab (sisters daily)

It looks like someone had previously tried to repair some rust on the white one at some point but, the spot below the windshield should be your priority because it will spread fast especially in Hawaii. I had the same problem on my '88 m3 and it spread so fast. I'd concentrate on one e30 at a time, choose one as a project and the other for parts.
    sigpic

Comment

Sounds like you've plenty to do!

Comment

Originally posted by K-Bar
        [ATTACH]119004[/ATTACH]
        I'm in love with this pic, If I moved to Hawaii I'm sure that's how my driveway would look too. Looking forward to updates, I'm jealous!

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
        1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
        1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
        1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
        1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
        1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
        Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
        1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
        1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

looking forward for the build thread. Start off with replacing engine parts followed by suspension swap. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
          X