No announcement yet.

1986 Cosmosblau 325

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took the opportunity with the cold weather and slow weekend to start pulling apart my interior and cleaning it, first up was the door cards, I pulled them out and brought them to my dorm to get them cleaner than ever, the pictures don’t really do that much justice so what should I do next?

Before

After
    86' E30 Plenty Slow And kinda Ugly

sigpic

Comment

1986 Cosmosblau 325

I got an opportunity to maybe trade my full tan interior for a clean black interior, it is also has comfort seats, never the less does anyone have any thoughts or input? How would black go with the cosmosblau compared to tan? Hmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sigpic

Comment

Played around with photo shop, got rid of the plate gap, deleted the turn signals and reflectors to get a rough idea of how it would look, I like it!! I wanna get coilovers and go 1/4in lower in the rear and maybe 3/4’ths of an in in the front..

Here’s the result, it was done quickly not the best photoshop work haha

sigpic

Comment

does anyone have any recommendations on restoring the black trim on the bumpers? also deleting the side reflectors? along with how do I get the solid black along the front bumper, i.e filling the plate area and deleting the signals...

sigpic

Comment

Side reflectors might be a pain to delete. Doesn't the plastic shroud kind of have a pointed shape there? You could try fiberglass filler or something but it might look terrible against the plastic, or make an ABS panel to go in place of the lens or something like that. Or, you could just say screw all that and do euro bumpers lol.

For the full black impact strip, one of my buddies used a rear impact strip and put it in the front. The holes for the turn signals are slightly larger so you can see them a little bit, but it does look way better.

'92 325I Vert - Always a WIP
            '93 Honda Accord LX - Poop DD
            '97 Yamaha XJ600S - "Halfe" Racer
            '10 Mazdaspeed 3 - Expensive

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/e30_chef_rob

Comment

Originally posted by E30CCARob View Post
              Side reflectors might be a pain to delete. Doesn't the plastic shroud kind of have a pointed shape there? You could try fiberglass filler or something but it might look terrible against the plastic, or make an ABS panel to go in place of the lens or something like that. Or, you could just say screw all that and do euro bumpers lol.

For the full black impact strip, one of my buddies used a rear impact strip and put it in the front. The holes for the turn signals are slightly larger so you can see them a little bit, but it does look way better.
              Thanks for the info! any idea how he mounted it? also when you brought up the abs plastic my mind instantly went to a 3D printer so I may play around with that with one of my buddies and see if there is any way to maybe make some kind of cover!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaseb124 View Post
                Figured I’d dumb some pics, anyone wanna trade me for a late model (hmmm jk maybe who knows)

Don't go with black interior. White is far nicer, esp. in summer.
                I wish I had an early again. I prefer it to the later 88+'s.

Also, I forgot how "blue" the cosmosblau is. Really is a pretty color.
                If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                  Don't go with black interior. White is far nicer, esp. in summer.
                  I wish I had an early again. I prefer it to the later 88+'s.

Also, I forgot how "blue" the cosmosblau is. Really is a pretty color.
                  the color is very cool and I like that I don't see it very often, and if you were to have another early model would you keep the U.S bumpers, go euros, or do plastics?

sigpic

Comment

Euro's all the way, no question about it!
                    It's what these cars were originally designed for.
                    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                      Euro's all the way, no question about it!
                      It's what these cars were originally designed for.
                      I just can't find a valance that I love for the Euro bumpers, but idk maybe I've only seen mtech's and assume that's the only valance lol

sigpic

Comment

hoping to find an IS spoiler here soon! thinking about shadowling the chrome as well but not totally sold on that quite yet! I also really want to paint match my mirrors does anyone have any recommendations for doing so?

sigpic

Comment

Well I finally got an is spoiler and now of course I want a M-tech, I’m getting ready to sell my wheels and then try and find a set of BBS RC090 off an E39 and do some Euro bumpers with a jimmy hill lip, I like the look of the car below a lot although it’s plastic bumper it’s still super clean and aggressive..

sigpic

Comment

Update again because I haven't posted in a while, I finally got a set of plastic bumpers, there clean and will make a great start to getting some of the big this done that I've wanted to. However, I still need to sand them down, rip the trim off and get them painted. However, I am struggling to find a lower valance which is why if anyone has any input on this (https://www.ecstuning.com/b-bremmen-...331961227~brp/) please let me know, its a front valance made by bremmen parts and I may order it if I can find anything soon. plenty of pictures to come with the bumpers and such!

sigpic

Comment

Still waiting to find a valance, I would be fine with purchasing one brand new however the shipping cost on them took away my willingness very quickly. as soon as I have a valance I'm going to rip off the diving boards and test fit the plastics and get them off to paint, II hate having parts just sitting when they could be on my car.

sigpic

Comment

there is a late model valance listed for sale on craigslist. you will have to modify it to fit over the tow hooks of the early model
                                318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                                '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Working...
                                X