No announcement yet.

My first E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when are you gonna mention you did the timing belt and valve job?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '90 325i sedan daily driven
    '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Originally posted by malmeida1040 View Post
      Thanks for the info. I had no idea and he didn't suggest upgrading from 1.0 to 1.3. Right now I'm just trying to get the car running right. On a college student budget so no real big plans for the drivetrain yet but on the fence whether to do a turbo m20 build or just swap in an s52. Want to get the car repainted or wrapped first and fix up some issues with the chassis so will most definitely being running a stock eta for a couple years.
      The changes Im suggesting are not full drivetrain changes, just an engine wiring harness and an ECU to go with it. Theres a few other piece that are involved too,but from what it sounds like the parts your friend is installing wont solve the problem if you still have the wrong injectors.

Read this
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by cheffy30 View Post
        when are you gonna mention you did the timing belt and valve job?
        Timing belt was done by the previous owner. Valve adjustment is done by a local euro shop. Also getting a remanned set of oem injectors that are made for the early model e30s for it. Still learning more about the e30s #noobstatus

Comment

Originally posted by malmeida1040 View Post
          Timing belt was done by the previous owner. Valve adjustment is done by a local euro shop. Also getting a remanned set of oem injectors that are made for the early model e30s for it. Still learning more about the e30s #noobstatus
          Keep the injectors, start looking for the M1.3 wiring and ecu... we'll get you there
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Car

Welcome....look forward to seeing more.

Comment

your new injectors are what fried your ecu.

once you get the replacements in, and probably another ecu, you should be good.

there is nothing wrong with a stock eta. they are not the fastest car out there, but neither is an I model so might as well have fun with what you have now and work towards something later on. enjoy the good gas mileage once you get her going

Comment

Originally posted by superj View Post
                your new injectors are what fried your ecu.

once you get the replacements in, and probably another ecu, you should be good.

there is nothing wrong with a stock eta. they are not the fastest car out there, but neither is an I model so might as well have fun with what you have now and work towards something later on. enjoy the good gas mileage once you get her going
                Your right. Put a used ecu and low impedance injectors installed. Runs like a dream (minus the diff vibration&noise, warped brakes, and completely worn struts etc.) Gonna look into undercoating the car next since it is rust free & id like to keep it that way lol. Any recommedations on products definitely appreciated.

Comment

Finally had a chance to piece together my front end now its half a late model half early..for now. Also saw a thread on here about converting from power antenna to a fixed antenna, since mine didn't work, used a metra GM93 kit. happy with the results but definitely gonna pickup a shorter mast

Last edited by malmeida1040; 03-02-2018, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Nice car!

The power antenna is actually easy to fix if you want to keep it. Usually just needs a new mast as the teeth usually wear out. Or sometimes the belt snaps on the motor.
                    '90 325i - 5 speed coupe
                    '05 330ci 6MT ZHP

Comment

Originally posted by Codym42 View Post
                      Nice car!

The power antenna is actually easy to fix if you want to keep it. Usually just needs a new mast as the teeth usually wear out. Or sometimes the belt snaps on the motor.
                      Its an aftermarket pep-boys system otherwise I would have repaired it. Would love to put the OE power antenna in the future.

Comment

Update

Decided to remove the worn out old carpet discovered surface rust with some light pitting. Also found one hole forming. Gonna take it to a local body shop that specializes in metal work. In the mean time I started grinding off some of the surface spots to bare metal then gonna coat it.
                        Last edited by malmeida1040; 03-23-2018, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Haven't had much time to make progress on the e30 but I had a short break between classes to take the car and my camera out for some quick pics. Hopefully making more progress on the build soon. Scheduled an appointment to have the rust spots repaired and ordered Irweland engineering headers and catback exhaust.

Comment

Throw that plate in the trash

Comment

nice progress! I'm in Edison if you ever want to meet up and cruise! I'm also a noob to e30's so maybe we can learn together! hahah

Comment

i like the plastic and metal bumper combo. I always thought it would look best with the back being plastic and the front being metal.

Comment

Working...
                                X