No announcement yet.

DIY - Smoked Ellipsoids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your help, I don't really have a lot of money to spend on smoked ellips and just was trying to find an alternative for now until I can afford the ellips. and I thought that I might ask about lamin-x because it is cheap and I don't really think I am good enough to do it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrcruse
      Okay...thats nice thanks. Can anyone give me a serious answer please? Would it be safer to just get smoked ellips or go for the smoked lamin-x and not the charcoal?
      that was a serious reply, I could have been much harsher. and no, real smoked elipsoids put out the same amount of light as clear, because the lenses aren't smoked. use your fucking brain once in a while...
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I knew it was going to mess it up, 30% of light like I said. I was asking a simple question and you came back with a reply that bashed on my car. But I never asked you about what you thought about my car though did I?? NO. I asked you about headlights in general, Lamin-xed ones vs. Smoked ellips. Someone else answered it in a better way that actually taught me something so you are not needed thanks anyways. You should use your fucking brain about approaching things that someone is confused about and not bashing them with your stupid ass remarks but sharing information that they might not know. So if anyone wants to give other valuable information about this present it but don't be retarded like nando just present the information. Thanks

Comment

i curious. what parts do you paint on the high beams. the back part thats refective?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
          @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta
            i curious. what parts do you paint on the high beams. the back part thats refective?
            You dont. Unless you want to render them 100% useless. For the high beams, they use metal crosshairs. I think there is still the template for them in the tech section off the main page.
            sigpic

Comment

I am doing mine right now, I'll post some pics of the low's and what to smoke.
              ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

this is what you need to smoke
                ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

what do i smoke on the high beam. i know what i do on the low beam. so that pic right up there is called a cross hair?

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

^^nope the highs you have to put in a metal crosshair, you don't have to do any smoking on original parts for the highs.

Comment

do you have a image of the metal smoked cross hair part?

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

has anyone tried cross hairs on the low beam?

Comment

cross hairs on an ellip? i don't think so.

i found that you can boil the low beam housing without the ellipsoid assembly attached, if you cant bake them in the oven like me (no oven)...100c= which is boiling of water...........so boil em for 15-20 mins and use some rubber gloves and 2 screwdrivers and voila simpe and easy.

Does anyone have a template for the crosshairs?

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
                          PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

I smoked the lowbeams on my car WITHOUT removing the lense.

Just need a small paintbrush with a bent head, and be willing to not spray the paint on. I think it worked well.

Since then though I've gotten a set of smileys, and think I'll just keep em as-is.

Comment

Nice write up. I just did something similar to the lights on my gti.
                              Bryan - 1989 325i S50 swapped /1990 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

I think I may try this on my Depos for practice and if they turn out nice, I will try it on the real deal ellipsoids.

Has anyone found the template for the x-hairs yet?
                                -Justin

sigpic

Current: BMWless for now... '15 Grand Cherokee & '03 Mach 1

Comment

Working...
                                X