Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

best place to buy 95 m3 offset control arms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

man, that looks like you have positive camber in the front... if you got some more camber it would help clear that tire into the fender more and look/handle much better.
    Good talk guys, I am enjoying this!
    I am thinking of slotting my offset CA bushings to get more caster. Right now I am at around 10 degrees and I want more like 11-12. I am mounting up some 18" wheels with 225/40/18's SO2's on them next week, so we will see how that fits. Should be fun rolling the shit out of the rear fenders to clear my 265/35/18 Pirelli's :twisted:
    '88 M3.2 S54 Lachssilber/Black
    '07 335i Alpine/Black Sedan
    '12 X5 3.5i Alpine/Black
    iS Splitters For Sale, PM ME!
    sigpic

Comment

Jay Stock E30: It doesn't stick out as far as I thought it would, the 215 looks a bit stretched on the 8" wide rim though, and the rim edge/tire sidewall are out of the arches.
      I need to get a tire on one of my rims and have a look.
      I've got 17x8" BBS RX's et38, can you let me know what the offset of the M5 wheels is.

Do you have 9" wide for the rear or 8" all round??
      292rwhp E30 :D

Comment

Originally posted by M3 Ryan
        man, that looks like you have positive camber in the front... if you got some more camber it would help clear that tire into the fender more and look/handle much better.
        Good talk guys, I am enjoying this!
        I am thinking of slotting my offset CA bushings to get more caster. Right now I am at around 10 degrees and I want more like 11-12. I am mounting up some 18" wheels with 225/40/18's SO2's on them next week, so we will see how that fits. Should be fun rolling the shit out of the rear fenders to clear my 265/35/18 Pirelli's :twisted:
        Just get some camber plates, and dial in caster.

Comment

Originally posted by E30-323ti
          Jay Stock E30: It doesn't stick out as far as I thought it would, the 215 looks a bit stretched on the 8" wide rim though, and the rim edge/tire sidewall are out of the arches.
          I need to get a tire on one of my rims and have a look.
          I've got 17x8" BBS RX's et38, can you let me know what the offset of the M5 wheels is.

Do you have 9" wide for the rear or 8" all round??
          yea they do stick out alittle, but not much, should be fixed by pulling the fender. The 215 is just abit streatched I was going for the andryny look ;) jk that size tire is acctable for an 8" wide rim, I wasen't sure what clearence issues I would have upfront so I decided to start with something that wasen't too radical.

Yes I have the 9" wide rims for the rear. according to http://zoouz.free.fr/Wheels/style/style_021.htm the fronts are et20 and the rears are et22

Comment

an 8" wide rim is at the upper limit for a 215/45 (according to TOYO) but so is a 205/40 (LOL that would be a sight).

Maybe your US e30 are wider than Euro ones (I doubt it though).
            With no tire my 17x8" et38 are level with the front arches and just tucked at the rear (245/40's just fit with the lips rolled).

B@stard, I'd love some 17x9's for the rear, esp M5 wheels, make sure you put up a pic when you test fit them!!!

Comment

man thats odd, Yeah I can't wait to get the rears on What wheels are you running on your car?

Comment

Well, Have you got those rear wheels on yet??? Where are the pics!!!!

Are you using M Coupe or Compact/Z3 trailing arms??

I'm running 17x8" BBS RX's et38 with 235/40's all round (on compact trailing arms).

Comment

no, I haven't worked on it recently..I am having a terrable time finding the t-arms. I'm having a terrable time finding the compact/Z3 trailing arms, atleast for a resionable price.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Stock E30
                    no, I haven't worked on it recently..I am having a terrable time finding the t-arms. I'm having a terrable time finding the compact/Z3 trailing arms, atleast for a resionable price.
                    Tell me about it, took me ages to find mine, the ones I did find were going for $1000pr (NZ), I got mine in the end for $700pr (NZ), and now with my latest cunning plan I prolly won't even use them!!

Well, remember to post pics when you get them!!!

Comment

Tell me about it, took me ages to find mine, the ones I did find were going for $1000pr (NZ), I got mine in the end for $700pr (NZ), and now with my latest cunning plan I prolly won't even use them!!

I have 2 complete trailing arms from my M3 for sale $450 with the subframe, also I have some Bummerworld adjustable bushings $150.

Comment

Originally posted by EVOIIIM3

I have 2 complete trailing arms from my M3 for sale $450 with the subframe, also I have some Bummerworld adjustable bushings $150.
                        Thats what you need JayStockE30, the extra offset needed for the M3 bits will make those M5 17x9's fit alot better.

Comment

was reading this thread and decided to ask for a sumamry.

Not to mess things up but I was told that the 45mm front shocks i have will work with the e30 m3 strut housings, if this is true I want to have a setup that will allow me to keep the 45mm Bilstein sports that i have now(from my 84 318i).

I have access to many e36 front suspensions I just want to end up keeping my current 45mm bils sports....

Comment

Working...
                          X