This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
    Wait, you feel that the person who gave you a free car shafted you? Remind me to never do you any favors.
    Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
    ROFL. It was free for a reason
    ^ It was free since there was a shit ton of back registration fees and penalties... so not truly free. I was told there were not fees and such associated with the car, which obviously at this rate was a lie and the whole situation frankly pisses me off for a car that's not running.
    Last edited by turge; 08-01-2013, 05:41 PM.

Comment

anyone in San Diego know of a place that can do a PPI for me on a '86 190D? or is anyone knowledgeable enough to check it out? Has a salvage title but guy claims its never been in an accident
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Also... luckily the car is not in my name yet since I didn't turn in my side of the paperwork so I guess it could be worse.

Comment

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
          My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
            anyone in San Diego know of a place that can do a PPI for me on a '86 190D? or is anyone knowledgeable enough to check it out? Has a salvage title but guy claims its never been in an accident
            Salvage title no accident? wuuut? Must be a 2.5. I could do an inspection, but I'm too far. Easiest thing to look out for is when you start/stop the car. Cycle the glow plugs & should fire right up no hesitation. Shut off should be immediate no lag when the key is in off position to the motor shutting off.

If its hard to start either glow plugs are going bad/ compression must be low. If shut off is lagged there a fault in the vacuum system. Would give you a good idea on the health of the rest of the car. Also keep an eye out for excessive smoking while driving.
            Last edited by E30_Pare; 08-01-2013, 06:19 PM.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
            DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

For being out of reg as long as it has, $500 ain't even bad.

The wiring harness is chewed up or what? If you can do that and make it run, you'll have a $500 e30 that needs smog. Could be way fucking worse.

FYI if you've signed the back of the title, you're technically the legal owner should you try to give the title to anyone else
              Last edited by mkcman17; 08-01-2013, 07:46 PM.
              1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
              1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
              1974 2002tii / stock
              2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Gonnah look at a 318is tomorrow. Anything I need to know?
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

If the tires are worn then it may need new tires

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Did you install your other strut tubes yet?
                    Correct shocks just came in today. Going home from work and gonna put everything together.

Originally posted by yert315
                    Your mother is plug n play

Comment

Awesome. Where's the blinker fluid reservoir?

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                        For being out of reg as long as it has, $500 ain't even bad.

The wiring harness is chewed up or what? If you can do that and make it run, you'll have a $500 e30 that needs smog. Could be way fucking worse.

FYI if you've signed the back of the title, you're technically the legal owner should you try to give the title to anyone else
                        Good to know. And the original harness is cut so the whole thing would need to be replaced.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Comment

just keep the car, get a new harness from the yard. do a seta build, gut it, and then make it a dedicated track car.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
                          my feedback thread

Comment

Originally posted by Ayman View Post
                            Correct shocks just came in today. Going home from work and gonna put everything together.
                            No one was home to sign for the package.

302 swaps look so fun. Drove a ('93?) Mustang 5.0 today, sooo much win.

Originally posted by yert315
                            Your mother is plug n play

Comment

Yeah. Walk away and get an m20 car. M42's can suck my left nut.

Comment

Its for my little brother. He does not even have a license yet and he wants to drift and beat his friends 335is. I'd make him get a 324d if that were an option.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Working...
                                X