school me on Datsun Z cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

school me on Datsun Z cars

Might buy one, looking at a 1980 280zx on CL right now.

Any experience/thoughts/advice on these?
    sigpic

its not an e30
    ( f ; _ ; )f

Comment

What it feels like owning an e30:

88 325 S50 swap in progress
      90 325ix

Comment

i had a 79 280zx. was nice, sold it for the e30 though. haha. id say check for rust. and if its a good price, go for it!
        sigpicInstagram: bir_madhatter
        Add me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/connor.mcco...57?ref=tn_tnmn

Comment

haha

thanks dude
          Last edited by z6ne; 07-10-2013, 05:03 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

don't go for a zx. the earlier 240/260/280z are where its at. Ideally, you could find a good 240z with no rust. My brother has had 2 of them, and they drive great, and are still one of the best looking cars out there.
            I like cats.

Comment

If you want to do dumb/awesome stuff to it... HybridZ.org. I've wasted lots of time reading awesome build threads on that site.
              1991 318i SOLD
              2003 325i SOLD

Racecars and stuff.

Comment

I'd go for an S30 chassis myself. I've always thought the S130 is quite ugly in comparison. That said, the late S30's are ugly with the diving boards but that's an easy fix thanks to Arizona Z.
                "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. " - Han Solo

Comment

should merge this thread into the other one previously mentioned
                  Originally posted by blunt
                  can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

yeah my bad yall, shoulda searched
                    sigpic

Comment

From what I've seen and read online, they are a lot like E30's except not as plentiful, more 'collector car' demand, as or more susceptable to problem rust and because of the afore mentioned, generally more expensive for cars and parts.

IIRC you are a younger guy with a young guy's budget and not a whole lot of general technical knowledge. I don't think one of these cars would be a good project for you right now if so.
                      For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                      Originally posted by mbonanni
                      I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Working...
                      X