Weird distributor cap problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird distributor cap problem

What the hell is happening with my rotor and cap??? I had just replaced it because the last one for some reason the rotor was shattered, and a couple pins on the cap were missing.

So i replaced it and now it has broken again. This time only the cap broke, 2 pins completely gone. Also some white kinda powder was between the cap and in the rotor.

Not sure what could be making this happen, both times.

I'd remove the rotor and check cam sprocket bolt asap...

Comment

Does your car have the lifting plate in place behind the cam belt cover ? If it's missing then the cam belt cover will distort when tightened down and mis-align the distributor cap - then the rotor destroys itself and cap.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf View Post
        Does your car have the lifting plate in place behind the cam belt cover ? If it's missing then the cam belt cover will distort when tightened down and mis-align the distributor cap - then the rotor destroys itself and cap.
        THANK YOU MY MAN, I’m assuming it is this. I completely forgot it when putting everything back together.

Comment

Yes, that one. Refit that and you should be good - though your dizzy cap looks beyond saving :)

Comment

Working...
          X