314 ECU hard spark cut RPM limit testers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

314 ECU hard spark cut RPM limit testers

i have been working with audi motronics and have a hard spark cut launch control, flat shift and RPM limiter for those ECU's. i got bored tonight and decided to see just how similar these old motronics are and to my surprise they are very similar in base code function so i made a quick test file that should act as a hard spark cut RPM limiter giving all the bangs and booms out of the exhaust like everyone loves so much. im looking for someone who has an E30,can burn their own chips or has an ostrich emulator on their car. if this works than other things like hard spark cut launch control and spark cut no lift shift is possible. the file i made has RPM limit set to 3500RPM for testing reasons. it is just a bone stock file. i will check this post from time to time and whoever i select to test will be emailed the file or files till it is working properly. in return for testing this i will patch whoever's BIN from their car with this feature as a form of payment. hope someone has an interest in testing this!
    Last edited by vwnut8392; 01-14-2018, 11:47 PM.

Not familiar with the 314DME I know in 506 (M3) and a few others there is a Speed variable RPM limit table that people use as a 2-step type Rev limit.

In the 506DME it's at hex address DC99 (including header), uses axis identifier 1C for vehicle speed and the table is 6 bytes long. 14 bytes total including header. However this is M3.x stuff and I believe most E30's are on M1.x
    Last edited by Mykk540i/6; 01-15-2018, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mykk540i/6 View Post
      Not familiar with the 314DME I know in 506 (M3) and a few others there is a Speed variable RPM limit table that people use as a 2-step type Rev limit.

In the 506DME it's at hex address DC99 (including header), uses axis identifier 1C for vehicle speed and the table is 6 bytes long. 14 bytes total including header. However this is M3.x stuff and I believe most E30's are on M1.x
      i patched it custom code that modifys the crank angle value in RAM making a real spark cut situation. by the sounds of the 506 its probably just a fuel cut and not a real hard spark cut launch control. 98% of old motronics do not have any mapping that allows changing of the crank angle signal stock as this is not necessary to ever be adjusted.

This is my audi with the same modified code using launch control and the hard spark cut RPM limiter that modifys the crank angle value in RAM.

Comment

Working...
      X