This is R3V Facebook moments.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 15Michaeljoseph View Post
    I'm actually looking for a muffler for the iS myself now since my stock is rusted to shit and rattles a bit. I'm just looking for a slight increase in noise... I've heard those thrush welded mufflers aren't bad but I feel like no matter what I get it'll either be too loud or too quiet for what I imagine.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
    The IE "stainless" catback I got would fit your needs, though it's not truly stainless and fitment was a headache. Now that it's on, though, I'm happy with the sound.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Originally posted by 15Michaeljoseph View Post
      I'm actually looking for a muffler for the iS myself now since my stock is rusted to shit and rattles a bit. I'm just looking for a slight increase in noise... I've heard those thrush welded mufflers aren't bad but I feel like no matter what I get it'll either be too loud or too quiet for what I imagine.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
      Got a Thrush welded on mine. It's way more then slight increase in noise and there is lots of drone at highway speeds. Although I still have 4.10s in my car and run around 3500 at 70mph.

1992 BMW 325iC
      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

my plan is a cherry bomb (just because i've always wanted one) right after the cat, and a typical magnaflow at the back end.

i'm hoping to avoid the kind of drone you're talking about, because with a 4.10 on an itb'd m42... yeah, it was bad. i spent almost two grand between the blaupunkt head unit, two amps, new speakers, and subs, and it was effectively useless over the *buzzzzzzzzzz* at cruising speed.

the *braap* while spirited driving was great, though.
        past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:
        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

^^ Fuck yeah.

Gotta bake that bitch in an oven to separate the glass from the backing. Voila, easy as pie.
            My previous build (currently E30-less)
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Classic! lol
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Lmao. Almost as good as the guy asking people if they had a 1 dollar clip. So he could “save a buck” i was like so then your expecting shit for free.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Oh man that is good!

1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                  2016 Ford Flex
                  2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
                    The IE "stainless" catback I got would fit your needs, though it's not truly stainless and fitment was a headache. Now that it's on, though, I'm happy with the sound.
                    I bought the old one piece one of these that were also on ebay. Same wonky fitment, but a few good smacks of the angled flange + a new gasket and it sealed fine. Used a new hanger kit and was very pleased overall.

Nowadays, I'm pretty partial to the ease of single exhausts/ vband clamps, and after doing it once and forgetting all the pain involved, I'd probably make something.
                    Originally posted by priapism
                    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                    Originally posted by shameson
                    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Don’t know what a Sausage Jockey means in the UK, but totally using it next time someone calls one a baby M3..

[emoji38]

2016 Ford Flex

Comment

pretty sure it means dick rider

Comment

I know you know what sausage jockey means.
                          Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

I've never heard that one, but it is pretty self explanatory

*your butt* C=====8
                            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I was kinda hoping it was a little more creative, but it’ll do!

2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Fred is winning today with the $2000 rotbox Craigslist thread lol.

1992 BMW 325iC
                                1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                                1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Working...
                                X