X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adrenaline Junkie View Post
    Nice ...

That's large diameter mt2, not 370mm.
    It's the 370mm, there is even a label on the side of the box with the part number and stating it's a 370mm wheel.
    1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
    1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Sorry, but it's not. I'm pretty sure.

What is the part number under horn button? 2 226 085?
      In the box originally was 370mm wheel perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrenaline Junkie View Post
        Sorry, but it's not. I'm pretty sure.

What is the part number under horn button? 2 226 085?
        In the box originally was 370mm wheel perhaps.
        I should have a look, can't remember.

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Regardless of 370mm vs 380mm, that steering wheel is HOT. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by D.Martijn View Post
            I should have a look, can't remember.
            Nothing important, just caught my eye. :)

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
            I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
              Haha, thank man!

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by D.Martijn View Post
                The fuel pump only works when the engine is spinning, it's controlled by the ECU. Check valve doesn't seem to solve my issue.
                I'm thinking of getting a fuel pressure gauge to check if it's my FPR or injector that are leaking.
                I've been dealing with the same issue. There IS supposed to be a priming from the pump initially, but that doesn't seem to happen, ever.

One thing to consider looking at is your AFM. Mine is most certainly an issue and my car has to crank a little bit longer because of it. At this point i've replaced everything associated with fuel delivery and there has been no change. Try to unplug your AFM and start the car. I'm probably going to get a MAF at this point.

Comment

Today I decided to have a better look at what could cause the problem.
                  I started with measuring the resistance of the blue temp sensor, at the sensor and and the ECU. The reading was 20ohm apart so I don't think that's a big deal.

On Friday I got a manometer and some couplings to get a pressure reading at the fuel rail.
                  Before even testing the pressure I removed the vacuum hose of the fuel pressure regulator and fuel came streaming out of it. So.. I guess there lies the problem.

When removing the line at the intake manifold, fuel also dripped out.

Does make sense that my car was running a bit rich at start up when I had to give it some gas for it not to stall it would run a bit lumpy.

Already ordered a FPR. Also decided to order the blue temp sensor anyway as it's pretty cheap. While ordering those parts I got a valve cover gasket too as I plan on adjusting my valves again soon.

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Still haven't received my FPR. When ordering it, I also ordered a valve cover gasket and the blue temp sensor. Turns out they didn't have the temp sensor in stock so they ordered it at their supplier. I told them to forget the switch and just send me the FPR and gasket. Tracking says I should receive it on Monday.

Meanwhile I ordered the temp sensor locally and today I picked it up. I also stopped by the BMW dealer to get a few parts for my uncle's E30 and a coolant hose I had ordered since mine had a pinhole leak.

I already installed the new hose and temp sensor. I started with removing the black plastic undertray, there was quite a bit of mud/dirt on from when my uncle an I took the ix's out for a winter drive, hitting a few dirt roads. I give it a good clean, also the dirt was bone dry so this tells me I don't have any oil leaks. I still have the underside a good once over.

Looks dry to me! I do have a slight oil leak at the back of my transmission, I'm thinking it's the seal for the selector rod or maybe the output shaft seal.

To replace the blue temp sensor, I had to remove the brown one aswell. I also had to get the wiring tray/holder for the injectors removed to be able to fit a deep socket onto the blue temp sensor so I could remove it. When fitting everything back together I also bead blasted the brown sensor since there were some small deposits on it.

E30 in its natural habitat ;)

I also took this picture a week or so ago when my uncle stopped by with his E30 Baur. Definitely something special about that one.
                    Last edited by D.Martijn; 01-27-2018, 08:29 AM.

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Received the fuel pressure regulator and the valve cover gasket yesterday, I was feeling a bit sick so I didn't fit it that day. Since I was feeling better today I got out and fitted it to the Touring. Install is pretty easy, the hardest pat was getting the fuel hose off of the old one lol. After fitting it I let the car idle for a bit and made sure there weren't any leaks coming from the fuel hose or the o-ring that seats onto the fuel rail. Since fitting it, I let the Touring sit for over an hour and it started right up again!

The paint/texture is a bit different than the old one or the ones I saw on google images but it has the Bosch sticker and engraving on it. This one has like wrinkle paint kinda feel/look instead of just a smooth finish.

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Not sure if I mentioned it but I got a spare front axle (T-case to diff) for my iX. The axle that is fitted now has pretty worn down splines. I paid 60 incl shipping for a used axle with splines that are still good. Pretty good price if you ask me. The rubber seal (which is NLA was also included)

Today I received a spare transmission reinforcement/clutch cover as I'm planning to do the bigger guibo mod. I don't want to mill/grind my original one + I got the spare one for cheap. I got lucky and the seller also had the X5 centering flange, which is a bit longer than the stock iX one, for sale which I also bought. A new one from BMW is pretty expensive.

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Nice. I didn't know you could take that off the x5. I know one that's being parted. Might have to snag it.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                            Nice. I didn't know you could take that off the x5. I know one that's being parted. Might have to snag it.
                            More info about this mod can be found here:

according to realoem, both these part no's are the same for the centering flange. 26201227191 & 26117507533

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

The centering pin looks like a good upgrade. I am not sure I am too willing to grind some bolts to get it to fit though. Keep us posted on how this works for you.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                                The centering pin looks like a good upgrade. I am not sure I am too willing to grind some bolts to get it to fit though. Keep us posted on how this works for you.
                                I'm going to grind or maybe even machine some of the aluminium at my work from the cover of the bellhousing as I'm also not the biggest fan of grinding down those bolts. The only purpose of the alu cover is to keep dirt out of the flywheel/clutch assembly. Thats why I bought a second one.

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X