No announcement yet.

Lagunengrun 325i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fairly certain the bm1b is the single fuel pump setup. Ill be replacing the soft lines and painting it before going in. Ive got two fuel pumps here and one is low mileage so it should be fine. Hoping I havent damaged them with running this tank, but if I did Ill replace the pump once the tank is installed.

Comment

bm1a is single access set up, two pumps; an internal primer pump and an external main pump. 55L fuel tank. BM1B is a two port access tank that's 63L - i guess two pumps, not entirely sure.
      Paynemw
      1986 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - Sold!
      the ebb and flow of 325is ownership - In RVA
      1988 BMW 535is - RIP but my dream BMW

Comment

Buttoning up the new tank today. Had a brand new guibo lying around that was the right size so I was able to replace that as well.

Comment

Damn that giubo was almost done!... Im pretty sure my CSB and giubo need to be changed, Im just hoping they will last until the 5 speed swap
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

sub'd, cool color.

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Ivvy The Lagunengrun 325i

Had to wait on new trans mounts to get everything back together. The current ones were absolutely toast. Once I got those in I was able to move forward with getting the driveshaft tightened down and the exhaust mounted back up with new rubber and gaskets I had laying around, got the whole thing in as once piece by myself in like 15 minutes. I was worried it would take a lot longer to get it lined up correctly. Unfortunately I broke my o2 sensor connector when reconnecting it, so tomorrow I will be splicing in a new one. The molded soft fuel line to the fuel filter is also toast so I need to order a new one of those before I drive her again.

Anndd after a very long time I was able to retrieve my Garagistic order from Dylan. Thanks again! Strut bar is already mounted and tomorrow I will probably do my odometer gears.

Last edited by mbonanni; 01-14-2018, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Ivvy The Lagunengrun 325i

Got myself another e30, going to be using it for a few parts like tail light, door seals, and some little trim pieces for Ivvy. I will probably end up parting it out because it has a bunch of goodies on it (megan coils, black leather door panels, black premium sound, 5 speed). I told myself I would keep one thing from it, annd I am choosing to keep the Nardi. Thought it'd go well with my current interior setup, I also absolutely hate driving around with a bomb in my face.

Last edited by mbonanni; 01-19-2018, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Been awhile since I posted in here, or even had time to work on the car, so all this is old but an update nonetheless. Still have the parts car as people keep asking for parts off it even though I'm ready to get rid of it. I even got another e30, I think I am going to part this one out as well as it has a little body damage and some weird history. Going to get it running and figure out the rest later.

I finally got my nardi in, it is a little small for me, and the wood is slippery, but it looks good.

I put the black door cards in, need to get new foam and black covers now. Ive got a grey carpet waiting to be cleaned that is going to be installed as well.

I "dyed" the rear parcel panel black as well as swapped the rear premium speaker covers to black.

Comment

Lagunengrun 325i

Not much been going on as I have been busy finishing up my last classes, finally graduated with my BS in Mechanical Engineering [emoji1598]

Anyways, recently installed a Kenwood radio and picked up some black sport seats, IS lip with splitter, and a Zender Heckspoiler. Also have a grey carpet that will go in, just waiting to put it all in till I decide what I want to do with my sounds system. I was planning to make my own 8” boxes for behind the rear door cards, but seems a bit much. I’ve got a 10” lukebox thats pending sale, but taking second thoughts on selling that as Id like to get this all put in asap. Anyone have opinions on how two 8” subs in the cabin will sounds versus one 10” sub w/lukebox?

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
                      I’ve got a 10” lukebox thats pending sale, but taking second thoughts on selling that as Id like to get this all put in asap. Anyone have opinions on how two 8” subs in the cabin will sounds versus one 10” sub w/lukebox?

I'd personally keep the Lukebox. Great sound, plus takes up so little trunk space. Where were you thinking of mounting the two 8" subs?
                      Eric Giles
                      '20 M2 CS
                      '04 M3
                      '11 X5 35D
                      '87 325is
                      '91 325i Sport

There are few things more expensive than a cheap BMW...

Comment

The lukebox is great, but its pretty heavy and in reality it does take up a decent amount of trunk space. Considering how large they are to begin with.

I would mount an 8” sub behind each rear door panel. There is a guy on facebook that makes some boxes that are really nice and I am going to try and copy them as they’re too pricey for me ($380/pair). Also, there are a lot of universal shallow boxes readily available which I may just try and buy one then cut to size and re-seal. Here are some pics of that guys boxes

Comment

That is actually a really cool place for a sub. I hadn't thought of putting anything there. The only bummer is losing your paneling to some particle board.

Comment

Not losing anything, the panels fit right over this setup. I am going to run to walmart today to see if they have a box I can use. If not some MDF, jigsaw, and a router will do the job.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
                              Not losing anything, the panels fit right over this setup. I am going to run to walmart today to see if they have a box I can use. If not some MDF, jigsaw, and a router will do the job.
                              That type of wood is heavy... Are you worried about the panel shaking around once you have bass hitting the back of it?

I think it's a great idea, just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                                That type of wood is heavy... Are you worried about the panel shaking around once you have bass hitting the back of it?

I think it's a great idea, just curious.
                                some foam 3m tape or just some sort of foam spacer to keep the panel dampened and lifted off the face of the box would fix this if it at all happens.
                                1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Working...
                                X