Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mike25 View Post
    Hakentt

I have one of Ergen Motorsports MS43 ECUs running an M54B30 in a non E46 chassis - it has the EWS working, so please do not tell me I know nothing about it I have the engine to prove it works.

Ergen Motorsport in UK have worked out how to remove the CAN bus requirements, while leaving the EWS in place. I'm just trying to make sure others know there is finally a proper solution available - but of course they are a commercial company and will not give it away.

Mike
    Idea is not to have EWS at all. It is called immobilizer off or removal of EWS anti theft system. My solution is pure software, I don't use emulators at all. Unlike Ergen M. my solution does not require EWS

Comment

I would rather use no EWS if you do not require it in a swap.

Comment

deleting EWS isn't something that requires any particular amount of skill or intelligence. all it requires is the knowledge of the location for the byte that turns it off. It's literally changing a byte from something like AA to FF. that's it. Knowing where that byte is more luck than skill except for whoever figured it out first..
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by mike25 View Post
          Hakentt

I have one of Ergen Motorsports MS43 ECUs running an M54B30 in a non E46 chassis - it has the EWS working, so please do not tell me I know nothing about it I have the engine to prove it works.

Its clear from reading many of your posts you know a lot, but by your own admission elsewhere you do not know how to work around the MS43 ECU - as you have stated your solution uses emulators and is a poor solution which will fail given time.

Ergen Motorsport in UK have worked out how to remove the CAN bus requirements, while leaving the EWS in place. I'm just trying to make sure others know there is finally a proper solution available - but of course they are a commercial company and will not give it away.

Mike
          Could you do me a favour and have a look in the DME file if at position 0x300 is something like "JG&Marrakesh" listed? If so, that would just mean your tuner sells knowledge from those two guys.

Like HakenTT aka revlimit aka wolvowitz aka wolvow aka DesertBMW did until Marrakesh made him pay big money for that approach ;D

Originally posted by nando View Post
          deleting EWS isn't something that requires any particular amount of skill or intelligence. all it requires is the knowledge of the location for the byte that turns it off. It's literally changing a byte from something like AA to FF. that's it. Knowing where that byte is more luck than skill except for whoever figured it out first..
          Unfortunally its more then switching one byte ;) But i´ve done it for you guys so we can enjoy beautifull engine swaps for free!

Comment

There is a very nice man at BMW who figures all this stuff out, nobody else.

It gets sold to some, then to others and others etc etc etc

Hakken is a liar and an animal, all I see from him is lash up after lash up

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
              MS43 EWS is alot more than a 'byte flip' thats why it took so long for people to figure out. The current solution is more of a 'hack' in the program space vs a 'bmw integrated' byte flip like MS41/MSS5X.

Check Us out on Facebook
              Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
              Full Product Line Tuning
              OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Bom dia
                Montei um M52TU 286S2 528i de 1999, em E30
                Este usa Sistema, Can Bus multiplexer
                Mantive EWS, juntamente com cave,

Tenho um problema,
                cada conjunto de, unidade de motor, EWS e chave que troco,
                ele trabalha cerca de 20 vezes, e depois bloqueia e não pega mais.
                Talvez por falta informação (Can) de outras unidades (centralinas)
                mas não sei qual
                sabe como posso contornar esta situação, para resolver

Comment

Originally posted by FredE30 View Post
                  Bom dia
                  Montei um M52TU 286S2 528i de 1999, em E30
                  Este usa Sistema, Can Bus multiplexer
                  Mantive EWS, juntamente com cave,

Tenho um problema,
                  cada conjunto de, unidade de motor, EWS e chave que troco,
                  ele trabalha cerca de 20 vezes, e depois bloqueia e não pega mais.
                  Talvez por falta informação (Can) de outras unidades (centralinas)
                  mas não sei qual
                  sabe como posso contornar esta situação, para resolver
                  Esa problema tienes porque no instalaste "instrument cluster" es lo que manda senal de RPM a EWS.

Comment

Já instalei painel de instrumentos, e nada,
                    mas não estou vendo, qual será fio de RPM,
                    mas tenho um fio, (nº13 EWS)---(nº7 painel instrumentos, ficha branca)

MS42

Comment

Originally posted by FredE30 View Post
                      Já instalei painel de instrumentos, e nada,
                      mas não estou vendo, qual será fio de RPM,
                      mas tenho um fio, (nº13 EWS)---(nº7 painel instrumentos, ficha branca)

MS42
                      panel de instrumentos recibe senal de revoluciones RPM por CAN-BUS, luego manda senal por K-BUS a caja de EWS.

Comment

Já liguei can-bus do painel instrumentos e caixa automática,
                        e não consegui nada
                        Last edited by FredE30; 12-08-2015, 01:30 PM.

Comment

DesertBMW,

Do you have a source for the following part numbers you mention in your updated post?

It seems BMW NA has enforced the "no Euro parts for Americans rule"
                          sigpic

Velocity Motor Works

1972 2002
                          1983 533is
                          1987 325is (Roxanne)
                          1988 M6
                          1989 M3
                          1989 325ix (Darth Maul)

Gone: 1974 2002, 1984 318i , 1985 318i, 1988 325ix Sedan, 1988 325ix Coupe, 1991 318is, 1991 318i, 1994 525iT, 1995 325is, 1996 M3 Coupe, 1997 328is, 2001 325i, 2001 Z3 2.5i, 2001 330i, 2001 525iT, 2006 F-250 SD and more...

Comment

Swap MS45 TO MS43

Originally posted by

#15 Wiring harness. You will be only working with wire section that have 02 sensor plugs on it like you see in the photo. Simply remove the automatic transmission wiring from that harness, it has blue plug. Main ground wire is brown in color and it goes to chassis, it will have black sleeve on it. Direct 12 volt wires are 4 red wires that are in pairs on a black plug, simply strip them and install banjo connector and install them on 12+ from battery. The 12 pin black plug goes to main engine harness and 12 pin clear plug goes to chassis, that's where the starter and alternator wiring is at. I will cover the specific wiring in another thread.

Photo of the harness that you will be working with the most:
                            [img
                            http://s25.postimg.org/lnum21lbj/e30etaswapharness.jpg[/img]

You will have to use E39 temperature sensor on the cylinder head.

Clear 12 pin connector:
                            1.empty
                            2.empty
                            3.to starter black
                            4.empty
                            5.empty
                            6.alternator -15 white/green
                            7.red/white wire do not use
                            8.empty
                            9.A-OLD don't use
                            10.F-OLN don't use
                            11.unknown
                            12.empty

The dual 2 pin connectors with red wires are all 12+ constant battery
                            You will have to wire fuel pump relay the same way it is on E36, it is just basic 5 pin light green relay. The DME and Injectors relay is already integrated into MS42/MS43 harness.
                            on green 4 pin relay(61368366600) 85-86 is a coil, so pin 10 will go to one of them and other one goes to bat+ then Pin 30 is bat+ and 87 goes to power fuel pump.

40 pin X60004 plug wiring:

1: alternator charge indicator signal, [run this wire to inctrument cluster battery light]
                            7: ground wire for electronic pedal to pin 1 [MS43 only]
                            8: electronic pedal signal to pin 4 [MS43]
                            9: voltage supply for pedal pin 5 [MS43]
                            10: fuel pump relay activation ground wire [wire this to fuel pump relay, sends ground signal to activate fuel pump relay coil]
                            11: oil pressure warning light [wire to instrument cluster oil pressure light]
                            12: ground pedal sensor to pin 2 [MS43]
                            13: signal pedal sensor to pin 6 [MS43]
                            14: voltage supply for pedal to pin 3 [MS43]
                            17: RPM signal to instrument cluster
                            22: Speed signal [gets speed signal from E30 cluster]
                            23: Clutch switch signal [gets negative ground signal from clutch switch]
                            26: switched +12 from ignition switch
                            32: K-line to pin 7 of OBD2 connector

That is it for X60004 connector, no need to connect any other wires

Hello there,

Can you please explain that more which i swap my ECU put it won't work

Can u please explain it by viedos or pics which it can be more clearly for us

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X