Garagistic X-Brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gart View Post
    I just got mine from the Black Friday sale and it is different from the one on the website and pictured in the post here. It's missing the 3 main gussets and the logo plate. Anyone else have this issue or know anything about a change??
    I got mine months ago and it was like that as well. I emailed about it but never heard back. I'm guessing it isn't as rigid as the original.
    sigpic
    1991 318is x 2 .

Comment

Originally posted by Fsnow View Post
      I got mine months ago and it was like that as well. I emailed about it but never heard back. I'm guessing it isn't as rigid as the original.
      Seems like it wouldn't be. I'm going to call tomorrow. I don't like the idea of getting something different than expected. On top of that you not getting a response back seems off as well. Anyone else have any input?
      89 325 cabrio in progress m52tub28 swap
      99 540it
      86 Volvo 240 wagon
      99 Cherokee
      13 Passat

Comment

^^ same here??
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
        IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Called today and the response over the phone was "oh, it didn't have the gussets? That's not good." Guy I spoke to said he needed to talk to his boss and would call or email me back. Got a email later stating that it was a design change to allow for aftermarket sway bars. I don't fully get this because the gussets are on the bottom of the brace. If the sway bar was to hit something it would hit the top of the brace before the gussets on the bottom, no? At this point I don't really care anymore. It's going on the car. I will say the guy I spoke to on the phone was very helpful and I got a email response back very quickly.
          Last edited by gart; 12-15-2015, 04:24 PM. Reason: Stupid iPhone keyboard
          99 540it
          86 Volvo 240 wagon
          99 Cherokee
          13 Passat

Comment

I ordered one form black Friday and still haven't received any word from them. I hope it looks like what's in the pics or that will suck
            "I wanna see da boat movie"
            "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
              I ordered one form black Friday and still haven't received any word from them. I hope it looks like what's in the pics or that will suck
              Keep us posted as to what you actually get when it does show up. I'm surprised you haven't got it yet. I ordered mine on Thursday before Black Friday and got it early last week.
              99 540it
              86 Volvo 240 wagon
              99 Cherokee
              13 Passat

Comment

When I got mine I paid $20 extra for the one that clears aftermarket bars. Maybe the website should show both versions so that everyone is aware of what they get. Seems funny to charge more for a piece with three less gussets and less welding. Maybe I'm missing something here ?
                sigpic
                1991 318is x 2 .

Comment

The gussets have been removed (around 9 months ago) due to conflicts with aftermarket sway bar. Aftermarket companies are not consistent enough with bends. Same type bars would clear in certain cars, and not in others. To become more consistent and make sure we stand by the claim that these clear all aftermarket sway bars, we had to remove the gussets.

Comment

Order one a few days ago. I called them today and they told me they will add the gussets back on at no cost if you ask for it. So I told them I would like the gussets on mine. Should ship out early February. I will let you know what I get.
                    (OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

any confirmation with red46 sump armors yet?
                      i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by sonomabimmers View Post
                        any confirmation with red46 sump armors yet?
                        I'm in the process of installing my x-brace. As of right now, it won't work with the red 46 sump armor without a bit of work. Part of the brace covers the bolts that go through the steering rack (looking at it from the front end).

These bolts are open and accessible when using the sump armor.

Comment

An update. Got the x brace installed. Great quality item. Haven't gotten it on the road yet, and i can't say for sure if it tightens everything up. I'm doing new springs, shocks, sways, strut brace and subframe all at once. On to the pics.

It won't work with the red 46 armor. The brace extends towards the front of the car and it would cover the bolts that go through the steering rack.

What it looks like head on- I could really use a skid plate with this. Nervous about hitting it against something.

Here's how it fits with UUC front sways.

Fitment against Garagistic offset CAB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking at your front on shot there, I'd be concerned with how low the x-brace hangs. The e30 sump is already vulnerable in lowered cars, and it looks a good inch lower than the sump?
                            My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
                              Looking at your front on shot there, I'd be concerned with how low the x-brace hangs. The e30 sump is already vulnerable in lowered cars, and it looks a good inch lower than the sump?

Yeeeaaaaahhhhh. Check my most recent post over in members rides. It scrapes bad for how low I am. I'm taking it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

lol holy hell that hangs low. I'd be afraid it catches something and sheers something off my car.
                                I really wanted one and was concerned with fitment due to my massive downpipe, but this is another issue in itself :^(

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Working...
                                X