Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone changed from airbag to non airbag steering wheel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, ended up buying a complete 89' e34 525i clumn shaft/support from ebay (even with keys) to swapp the whole thing and be done. Well, it's different, external column plastic covers does have different bolt positions, spinde dhaft connection is different, and doesn't have the steering angle sensor place to install.

Besides the shaft diamter difference, the honk contact it's more inwards the center to the shaft for the Nardi wheel vs the stock one that is more outward....as well the stalker release plastic arm of the wheel....in conclusion seems I can't fit/adapt at all my damn Nardi wheel...worts of all, I have seen this steering wheel fitted in a e34 M5 (not sure if early model) and as well the instructions does state is for e30/34!

Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Were you ever able to get this wheel on Diego?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
      Transaction feedback
      - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
        Were you ever able to get this wheel on Diego?
        No, never worked. Too much pain to adapt it. I gave up when I realized the copper/bronze ring for the horn and stalker tab were a smaller diameter (inward to the steering shaft) for the steering wheel vs the M5 which are located "outer" zone of the circumference , so there's no way I can fit the wheel. :hitler:

I don't have use for the wheel...for now:devil:
        Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Originally posted by diegom6 View Post

I don't have use for the wheel...for now:devil:
          Hahaha well I am sure you of all people will be able to find a use for it ;)

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
          Transaction feedback
          - jpod999

Comment

i'm confused. did the wheel not fit on an early e34 spindle or a late e34 spindle?

if that is the case, I believe you don't have an 'e34/e30' steering wheel. there's no other explanation. can you test the wheel on anyone else's car to see if there is a car it will fit?

Comment

Originally posted by straight6pwr View Post
              i'm confused. did the wheel not fit on an early e34 spindle or a late e34 spindle?

if that is the case, I believe you don't have an 'e34/e30' steering wheel. there's no other explanation. can you test the wheel on anyone else's car to see if there is a car it will fit?
              I do have the e30/34 steering wheel (Nardi) even the instruction that came shows is designed for both models. In my M3 you can see I made a test fit and worked perfect the Nardi, the problem lays in the mid 91' e34 production onward models that BMW changed the steering shaft and many other components for the e34.

It's too much hassle to change it in my e34 M5 so I won't bother anymore.

Comment

Sorry that happened, stinks. Otherwise how have you been? Long time no see!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                  Sorry that happened, stinks. Otherwise how have you been? Long time no see!
                  Seling my cars to pay my house ....yes, it stinks TWICE

Comment

Sorry but you can replace the cars.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by diegom6 View Post
                      Seling my cars to pay my house ....yes, it stinks TWICE
                      :sad::sad:

I will be back in Lima around June 10th, perhaps we can get together again!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                      Transaction feedback
                      - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                        :sad::sad:

I will be back in Lima around June 10th, perhaps we can get together again!
                        Spend more time in Lima if you can or let me know your schedule when you are about to make the trip.

Would be cool to see you again JP

Comment

Working...
                        X