No announcement yet.

Hankook R-S4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got to give the RS4s a try in the rain last night and this morning. I have to say I'm quite impressed with them. On on ramp, the guy in front of me nearly spun his truck (Full sized long bed Chevy) and if he had, likely would have rolled it. The guy behind me was sliding all over the place. I was simply wishing the guy in the truck would learn how to drive as I was still rolling into the throttle at the apex of the corner. Later on, I pushed the car through a couple 90 degree turns at nearly the same speed I take them at in the dry. The car didn't so much as twitch. The tires have about 10K miles on them at this point. I'd love to give them a go on an autoX course in the rain.

Will
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Comment

I'm rocking there 245/40r15 on 15x9s and should hopefully be hitting the track within the next month or so. The few street miles have been great so far though.

It will be interesting seeing how these compare to my prior set up which was 225/45r15 NTO1s on 15x8s.
      Attached Files
      E30 S54

Comment

Originally posted by TheDirtyS54Thirty View Post
        I'm rocking there 245/40r15 on 15x9s and should hopefully be hitting the track within the next month or so. The few street miles have been great so far though.

It will be interesting seeing how these compare to my prior set up which was 225/45r15 NTO1s on 15x8s.
        Looks like they fit well. Are you running 245s up front or the 225/45?

Do the rears scrub at all on street use?

Sent from my SM-J510MN using Tapatalk
        '90 318is

Comment

Love the wheel/tire fitment , so proper ! Can't wait to upgrade from my 15x8 225/45 wheel and tire setup next season.
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I'm diggin' it as well. He's running 15x9 et12 949 6UL wheels with a 15mm spacer up front to clear the strut, but it would still clear with a thinner spacer, he told me.

Is there that much difference between 225's and 245's? I'm always leery of running heavier wheels/tires. Do they tend to tramline or anything like that?

Comment

Originally posted by hoveringuy View Post
              I'm diggin' it as well. He's running 15x9 et12 949 6UL wheels with a 15mm spacer up front to clear the strut, but it would still clear with a thinner spacer, he told me.

Is there that much difference between 225's and 245's? I'm always leery of running heavier wheels/tires. Do they tend to tramline or anything like that?

Yes they tramline a bit more and steering feel gets heavier as well.
              E30 S54

Comment

Originally posted by hoveringuy View Post

I ran 235 R888s on my ix for a few years - they are probably about as wide as an RS-4 in 245, and it was pretty brutal on the freeway to be honest. Stick to the 225s.

949 wheels are awesome. Always wanted to upgrade from 15x7.5 to 15x8, but they're just too expensive to be worth it.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                X