Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay Clutch Kits

Hi folks,

I hope I haven't missed where this question might have been asked and answered already, but I didn't find it in my searching, so here goes..

I have the transmission pulled out of my 88 325. It is a 2.7i/stroker which I built up a few years back using the 2.7 bottom end which came in the car, and all of the corresponding top end stuff. I don't plan to go forced induction, farthest I'll probably go is long tube headers, maybe a cam one day. I swapped out the stock dual mass flywheel back when I did everything else, so I'm looking for a clutch kit which fits an M20 with a single mass FW. I flog the M20 for all it's worth, and autocross it regularly, so I want something that will take all the abuse. I've been fine with the Sachs stock clutch for all these years, and hesitant to kill my driveability. I'm looking on Ebay and wondering if these SACHS-FX are a ripoff or not? It looks to me like the only part made by Sachs is the pressure plate, and the rest is made by FX, whoever they are. Has anyone installed one of these?? Is everything in the box made by Sachs after all, or is it just a cheap Ebay kit designed to fool guys like me into buying it and thinking it's all genuine Sachs?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    -Doug

Given how easy it isn't to change a clutch,
    and how long one lasts when driven even relatively hard,

I would never buy one off ePay.

jus' me,

t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Bump for first hand experience?
      I'm needing a clutch kit and am unfortunately very tight on money.
      Ebay Sachs-FX clutch kit is $130. Only part that's Sachs is pressure plate, rest is 'FX racing'.

Anybody installed this kit and has any feedback?
      Otherwise, ECS has the LUK kit on sale for $129, but missing the pilot bearing.
      Thanks
      '93 300TE 24V Krautbomber
      '84 528e 5 speed Saphirblau Metallic [R.I.P.]

I love all BMWs with round headlights!

Comment

Working...
      X