15x9 & 15x8 6UL for E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15x9 & 15x8 6UL for E30

I saw this on another forum and figured I would share with you guys.

Originally posted by emilio700
    We are putting the 15x9 +12 6UL into production for the Exocet. Hoping to have 15x9 +12's here by Q4/17. 15x8 +23 probably Q1/18. Not taking pre orders just yet. Keep an eye on the website or email us to get on our mailing list.
    The 15x8 will be a +23, same inner clearance as the 15x9 in the video.

The 15x9 +12 6UL Exocet fitment is based on our 15x10 tool so it's concave. The 15x8 +23 6UL Exocet fitment is based on our 15x9 so it will have a deeper lip than our current 15x8 +36.
    We think both of these Exocet fitments will be popular with the stanced Miata crowd.

Testing dynamic tire clearance on our upcoming Exocet specific fitment. The Maxxis 245/40/15 VR-1 tire used in this test is the same width as a Hoosier 225/4...

​​​​​​​
    It looks like these wheels will more than likely fit the e30 with a small (5mm or maybe even smaller) spacer up front. I know I can't be the only one who is ecstatic to finally have an option for lightweight, strong 15x9s that fit without the need for a massive spacer. ;D

I plan to get a set to try out as soon as possible. I will post pics ASAP.

oooh, very interesting
    sigpic

Comment

What's the 6UL part mean?

t
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

6UL is the product name.

Comment

ah, got it. Not a measurement.

t
          now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

ah, got it. Not a measurement.

t

Comment

I asked about the wheels for the exocet last month and got a reply that they wouldn't be making more in a few months. Ended up picking up the 15x7 e30 spec ones instead of waiting. Just a heads up if you get the e30 ones you will want a 15 to 20mm spacer for the rear so it matches the front.

Comment

Yeah, it says Q4 '17 in the original post. Based on the history with 949 the timing tends to be a little "fluid" lol. Only so much you can anticipate when dealing with overseas manufacturing.

I'm not sure why you would want a spacer in the rear? As far as I know none of the spece30 guys are running rear spacers. I've been running square wheels without them for years. Actually, on my 7.5s I run a 3mm spacer up front for brake clearance. A little reverse stagger ain't gonna hurt anything.

Comment

They are on a street car, the rears look funny so pushed in vs the front

Comment

Any word on the 15x9s yet?
                    E30 S54

Comment

Originally posted by TheDirtyS54Thirty View Post
                      Any word on the 15x9s yet?
                      Finally looking to upgrade from the 225 club :rofl:
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        Finally looking to upgrade from the 225 club :rofl:
                        Been ready
                        E30 S54

Comment

Originally posted by TheDirtyS54Thirty View Post
                          Been ready
                          haha I was wondering why you were running 225s with a S54. Get some meat back there!
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

No updates, still waiting.

Comment

Working...
                            X