• Show
Clear All

let me know if you are parting it.. I need some stuff and in MO

Comment

Originally posted by brickwhite View Post
      let me know if you are parting it.. I need some stuff and in MO
      classic r3v lol

"sorry for your loss, how much for the WHEEEELZ BRO"

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Hit hard enough to bend the unibody while parked? People are such fucking morons. Hate it when I see some tool speeding around a parking lot or pulling into a space like they're stunt driving for a movie. Parking lots = grandma mode, then at least when you go full grandma and bump someone's car the damage is only cosmetic.

Stuff like this is almost enough to make you want to just drive a disposable shitbox everywhere so it won't be such a pain in the ass if someone hits it.

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
          Stuff like this is almost enough to make you want to just drive a disposable shitbox everywhere so it won't be such a pain in the ass if someone hits it.
          That's why I drive my tainted title X3 around. Don't give a sh*t about it, so when some BroDozer decides to try and run it over in the parking lot, NFG.
          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
          2016 Ford Flex
          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Sorry to hear about this. Pleasantly surprised to hear it wasn't a hit and run tho. That shit happens way too often.
            1990 325iX - sterlingsilber metallic
            1991 325i - lazurblau metallic

Originally posted by delamaize
            E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Save the good stuff and find another clean e30. Part out remains of car on CL

Don't think it's worth saving with that damage.

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                Hit hard enough to bend the unibody while parked? People are such fucking morons. Hate it when I see some tool speeding around a parking lot or pulling into a space like they're stunt driving for a movie. Parking lots = grandma mode, then at least when you go full grandma and bump someone's car the damage is only cosmetic.

"When you go full grandma" .....LMAO. I don't get people who speed in parking lots either. It really pisses me off. Not only are there cars to hit, but there are people walking too.

I'm kind of enjoying my automatic beater e30 just for this reason. Its a nice-ish car but it already has damage to the rear quarter so if something happens, no big deal. Now, if someone were to hit my 318is with fresh paint, it would be a different story.

OP, sorry about your IS. The damage looks pretty bad. I hope you can get her back on the road even if it's not perfect anymore.
                '90 325i - 5 speed coupe
                '05 330ci 6MT ZHP

Comment

Originally posted by ALYKZANDYR View Post
                  A little off-topic, but those don't look like the hips of someone named Aleksander.

No homo, just in case.

Sorry you got hit.
                  Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

it doesnt look bad... but it is.. that whole rail has shift forward and taken the quarter with it.

you could always hook a bracket up to the RHS rail, chain the other side to a 100 year old tree, floor it and turn it into a track car.
                    Boris - 89 E30 325i
                    84- E30 323i

Comment

Yes - the way the quarter has bulged out tells the story.

Hopefully the insurance is fair about it & you can move on to another one.
                      My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

So insurance has decided to total and I'm currently fighting with them for a fair value. I should hear from them again tomorrow.

As for my hips, I'm transgender, I got my prescription and started my transition in July 2017, started having feelings I should be a girl around 2001, finally came out in 2016.

anyway thanks for the kind wishes, however, depending on how this works out with insurance this may be my last e30. This one was almost everything I wanted in an e30, and even if I found another like it, I don't to go through this again emotionally, logistically and financially.

The most likely replacement will be 1987-91 Jeep YJ Wrangler, or if I can find one cheap enough, Jeep J10 truck.

Comment

I hope it works out, sorry to see the damage.
                          R3v is always here to help as much as we can.

Comment

It looks like im not going to get anything close to what the car is was worth out of insurance. ($3,602 is the current offer) After providing a history of the car, condition and work done etc, they are now offering LESS money than the original assessment.($4500) At this point im planning on canceling the claim, removing comprehensive coverage from the policy (to get refund of cost difference the 6 month premium i paid last month) and just keep driving it until i can save enough to replace it and then sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by ALYKZANDYR View Post
                              It looks like im not going to get anything close to what the car is was worth out of insurance. ($3,602 is the current offer) After providing a history of the car, condition and work done etc, they are now offering LESS money than the original assessment. At this point im planning on canceling the claim, removing comprehensive coverage from the policy (to get refund of cost difference the 6 month premium i paid last month) and just keep driving it until i can save enough to replace it and then sell it.
                              Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              That will get totalled, but you should fight hard. If its a real IS then you need to go here and find comps

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=384251
                              Did you show them the similar 325iS that are selling for a LOT more than $3500

1989 325iS SOLD on 11/7/17 for $6,700
                              Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1989 BMW 325is 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #6,722.

1989 325i SOLD on 9/21/17 for $4,000
                              Bid for the chance to own a 1989 BMW 325i 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #5,995.

1989 325iS SOLD on 8/31/17 for $13,500
                              Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1989 BMW 325is at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #5,674.
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                Did you show them the similar 325iS that are selling for a LOT more than $3500
                                Yes I did.

Comment

Working...
                                X