Germany people...help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Germany people...help

Just wondering if anybody here in Germany knows of a good dyno in the Bitburg/Ramstein area I would greatly appreciate some details...
    sigpic'87 335i

I had my 3.8l m5 done at manthey racing, you know, the guys that win the 24hr race at the ring nearly every year. It's not in bitburg, but the nurburgring is only an hour from speicher
    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Eric, thanks very much. The Ring is plenty close for me. Do you think they would dyno a lowly M30 E30? How much does it run for session?
      sigpic'87 335i

Comment

Originally posted by SpeicherBimmer View Post
        The Ring is plenty close for me.
        I know, I lived on Ruckersberg Strasse for 3 years.:up:

As far as price, I really couldn't tell you, but I'm sure it's not cheap. Martin, the guy who makes MAXX Alpha-N kits for E30 M3's, did the dyno runs to see what kind of gains could be made on doing alpha-n on my M5.

Comment

Unhappy with your numbers?!

Comment

OTT, no, I am not happy at all. After doing research on the type of dyno they were using and not seeing them input any data into the computer I KNOW the numbers are wrong....
            sigpic'87 335i

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
              I know, I lived on Ruckersberg Strasse for 3 years.:up:

As far as price, I really couldn't tell you, but I'm sure it's not cheap. Martin, the guy who makes MAXX Alpha-N kits for E30 M3's, did the dyno runs to see what kind of gains could be made on doing alpha-n on my M5.

Guess I'll just have to call them and ask. Their website says dyno service starting at 115 Euro, but it seems liek they are set up mainly for Porsches...
              sigpic'87 335i

Comment

There is a car show happening at Vogelweh (Ramstein) and they are going to have a dyno set up there 2WD or 4WD some time in mid September.

Comment

Originally posted by duleymane///iS View Post
                  There is a car show happening at Vogelweh (Ramstein) and they are going to have a dyno set up there 2WD or 4WD some time in mid September.
                  Unfortunately if the base is running the dyno I doubt very much they know how to use it...Do they run it or do they get some German contractors from off base to do it?
                  sigpic'87 335i

Comment

Originally posted by duleymane///iS View Post
                    4WD! really?!

Comment

Originally posted by SpeicherBimmer View Post
                      Unfortunately if the base is running the dyno I doubt very much they know how to use it...Do they run it or do they get some German contractors from off base to do it?
                      Services on spang usually have a car show in august. A few years back, 08 I think, they had a German guy with a portable dyno come out. They didn't strap down one of those dumb turbo neon's and really F-ed up his car when the thing went bouncing around on the rollers.

Not saying the guy at Ramstein will be the same, but this German looked more like a traveling circus carnie than a normal precision german.

Comment

Well, for the few people it might affect, I found a dyno in Bitburg. It's at the Bosch Service Center near Reiffen Becker; 55Euro for an hour of dyno time...
                        sigpic'87 335i

Comment

Right beside the Donner and Lidal store? Didn't know they had one.
                          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

yep, right next to that gas station and behind the shoe store...
                            sigpic'87 335i

Comment

Some one should get that clean 86 320i that's green at the yard. It's almost all there and it's an Italian spec car.
                              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Working...
                              X