X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the pictures either come up huge or tiny

Comment

Those pics suk.

Look up how to upload to flikr, then how to post those image URLs here..
      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Did someone redo comfort seats in leather ?
        Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
        Alice the Time Capsule
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
        87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Looks like it because the stitching runs the wrong way for comforts.

Looks tidy enough. To maximise your money you'll need to fix all issues though as others have said.

In Australia you'd be covered by consumer law on the rebuilt gearbox. Warranties are irrelevant if the product does not last a reasonable amount of time as per standard expectations & cost.

You could expect a rebuilt gearbox to last for years - therefore if it only lasts months, then you'd be covered. Of course there are exceptions if the car was abused - eg. used for motorsport etc.

If you pop the gearbox at your local burnout comp, then you won't be covered :D
          My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Better pics are up. Ill take your word on it for the seats, the guy that sold me the told me it was all original. The business owner said he closed his shop because the builder disappeared on him one day. Is it really worth it to dump more money into a car just to sell it again? At that point Id just keep driving it haha

Comment

Seats are recovered. You might be able to sell to someone wanting to do a manual swap.

glws

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by mexocutioner View Post
                Better pics are up. Ill take your word on it for the seats, the guy that sold me the told me it was all original. The business owner said he closed his shop because the builder disappeared on him one day. Is it really worth it to dump more money into a car just to sell it again? At that point Id just keep driving it haha
                You should be able to get another auto trans for fairly cheap. The G260 is the manual trans BTW. If I had already done the manual swap on mine, Id sell you mine. People typically dont want an auto. Its not a bad looking car!
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Yeah it has been manual swapped. The pictures of the seats are just before I had the swap done. I was just lazy and didnt feel like getting up to take new pictures, plus I gotta clean the interior again now

Comment

So are you over the car, or are you frustrated by the dead transmission?
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

A little of both. I have never had a car with more issues than this, nor dumped more money into a car, and this isnt my first older car. If I could get a decent amount for it I am open to selling, but if I'm just going to fix it again I might as well just keep driving it then. Dump another quick grand or more and keep going I guess.

I took it to a transmission shop and they said they are just going to have to tear it open to see whats wrong. The fact that it goes into 1st and 2nd but won't go into reverse is contradictory of the shift fork they said.

Comment

The car is in nice shape, I would fix the trans and you could get a decent amount for it. Those seats are def recovered but they look good.

I would have bought this car when I was looking for my project if it had been around.
                        Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

That's a pretty car. I predict that these cars will dramatically increase in value in the near future. Buyers are paying $150K and more for '80's M3s, but only paying $14K for nice 325is? The 325 has so many of the characteristics of the M3, but is probably more streetable. And who wants to drive around in a car that he bought for $160K? The 325 and 318 are just right for the street. At some point, the price gap between the M3 & the 325i/318i will close. Ten years ago, you could get a nice air cooled 911 for $13K to $19K and look what happened to them.

So, what is this pretty white 325i worth? Not much without a good transmission. No one wants to buy a car that isn't running. It might be worth over $10K with a new transmission.

Comment

"A little of both. I have never had a car with more issues than this, nor dumped more money into a car, and this isnt my first older car. If I could get a decent amount for it I am open to selling, but if I'm just going to fix it again I might as well just keep driving it then. Dump another quick grand or more and keep going I guess."

These old German cars can be expensive to keep. If you repair them yourself, they become much less expensive. They are best suited for experienced DIY home mechanics with a big tool box.

Comment

Working...
                            X