X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to revitalize an E30?

Hey guys,

Heads up, I ask way too many questions.

Wondering what I should do? I've changed the brake lines, bled the brakes, rotors and pads so far. Revitalizing the engine is the next goal. so far I've come up with just this:

1) Ignition: Distibutor Cap, Distubutor rotor, spark plugs, coil wires
    2) Timing: T-belt, tensior, waterpump, camseal, valve cover gasket

A)What else should I add or am i good?

B)Thinking about replacing the fuel pump, and fuel regulator. Worth it? My car takes 5-10 seconds to fire up.

Other Questions:

C) After fixing up the engine, what's a good suspension setup that's not too expensive. Looking to make this a daily while greatly improving the handling (can handle pot holes, speed bumps, etc without scraping). The original suspension is shot.

D) Also my hood cable is broken. Anyone know how hard/annoying it is to replace?

Lots of questions with lots of potential answers.

Read through all the build threads on here and start making a list of a potential options. E30 is 30yrs old now, everything you can think of has been done, you just gotta read:)

First step us fix stuff that is broken and get the car in the road and driving reliably, next step replace stuff or upgrade stuff that is worn out.

Comment

e30 davie, if i'm honest, I'm terrible at finding what I'm trying to look for in forums. Any tips on trying to find what I'm looking for? When I use the search bar I get no results :-?

Comment

Use google. Forum search functions always suck.

Comment

Google is the way I've been doing it but was just curious if there was another way. Also since I bit of noob, how do you view the photo's that are replaced with a blue speedometer/tachometer

Comment

Welcome to the biggest annoyance in recent internet history

Those images are hosted by photobucket whuch recently made users pay to display their images on forums. Sadly not much you can do about it. There is a plugin for Mozilla or chrome that claims to fix them buy I've not tried it.

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
              Welcome to the biggest annoyance in recent internet history

Those images are hosted by photobucket whuch recently made users pay to display their images on forums. Sadly not much you can do about it. There is a plugin for Mozilla or chrome that claims to fix them buy I've not tried it.

The Firefox plugins have not been too reliable in my experience, and quite a lot of them have led to high CPU usage.

Every Chrome plugin for fixing photobucket has worked perfectly for me.

Comment

Originally posted by earthwormjim View Post
                I second this
                My previous build (currently E30-less)
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by earthwormjim View Post
                  Yup. Photobucket Hotlink Fix for google chrome works perfect. Every photo is back.

Feedback Thread

Comment

Go read everything in the DIY section. That's what I ended up doing when searching for e30s. I would find one, see what issues it had and read the DIY section here on Pelican Parts etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    sigpic
                    1987 325e Lachssilber w/ MarkD chip and late bumpers, Zender EVO spoiler, s3.25 LSD

Originally posted by nando
                    I don't think there's really strong evidence that ZDDP harms cats.

Comment

Working...
                    X